Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Although I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to standard poodles. I've owned two, an incredible black male and a goofy brown phantom male. Learning together over the years, I groomed both of them myself.

Now, I'm looking for a smaller standard (not over 45 lbs), preferably black, preferably male poodle. No large minis for me, thank you. I'm looking for good health, an intelligent face, a resilient personality, and a dog who likes himself and the world around him.

Pre-COVID, I traveled to conferences in my self-contained van, and I also do some consulting, teaching, and speaking. (I have several Zoom presentations for dog clubs on various subjects.) The dog will have an interesting and varied life (potentially meeting lots of other dogs in the CGC ring, since I'm an evaluator). He'll work towards getting his CGC, CD, and whatever other performance degrees he in interested in pursuing. Scentwork? Tracking? Trick dog? There are so many possibilities to explore.

I'm in no rush. I know that the best things are worth waiting for. I'm a good researcher and I'm patient.

In lurking on the forum, I know that several of you have been on similar journeys. Please reach out to me -- I would love to hear from you on how you found your own wonderful poodle.

Super Moderator
Welcome Footprints, check out Rose's list here.

Premium Member
Hi and Welcome!

Sounds like quite the life you and NewSpoo will share :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still looking for My New Best Friend. I'm trying to spread the word that I'm searching for a special standard poodle. He will be a smaller standard (around 40-45 lbs when grown). I prefer a male; and black, blue, or silver in color, but a great personality is the most important to me. My ideal poodle will be confident and resilient, and not too highly driven. I'm in California, and willing to drive almost anywhere to meet the breeder and the pup's Mom.

I know patience is a major virtue in interacting with dogs, so I'm trying to be patient and thorough in my search. I believe that, with all the good hearts and minds of the folks on this forum, together we can make it happen.

If you have any thoughts on breeders whom I should contact, or even folks who have a similar spoo, please let me know. I invite all of you to be a part of Team Spoo Quest. The best reward I can offer will be the pictures I'll post as soon as I meet him so that we can all share the joy. Thanks for your good thoughts.

Registered
I'll link all of my favorite poodle breeders!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks, Ava. I appreciate your suggestions, and I've emailed the breeders you mentioned.

Welcome to Team Spoo Quest! I'm so glad to have your help.

I'm in California, but I'm willing to go almost anywhere to meet the breeder of my spoo. What's a little driving when there's a great poodle at the end of the rainbow?

Anyone have more suggestions about breeders in the western half of the country who might have a great, smaller standard for me?

Registered
You may find it helpful to reach out to PCA breeder referral members:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts