Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
My name is Amir and I'm a new standard poodle owner. Her name is Lulu and she is 13 weeks old. Lulu is black and is expected to be somewhere between 45 and 55 lbs at adulthood.

I've been waiting to get my own puppy for a few years but I was always worried I would be too busy to properly take care of the puppy. Recently, I have become less busy at work and I finally went for it and I can't be any happier :)

I'm hoping I can find a few friends on the forum and take advantage of everyone's experience and advice!

·
Premium Member
23,230 Posts
Welcome to you and Lulu (very cute name). We have two black standards. Lily is ten years old and Javelin is three. Enjoy these puppy days, they fly by too fast.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Welcome, Lulu and Amir! Congratulations on taking the plunge after waiting until the time was right. Now let's see a pic of your pretty girl :D

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! I love the name Lulu! I once had a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Lulu! Hope you will post some pics of your new love and if you need advice on grooming and
caring for her, don't hesitate to ask! We also have a lot of experienced people when it comes to training, so please join us!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Welcome Amir and Lulu, I also love her name. Good for you waiting until the time was right to get your puppy, enjoy her! Sometimes a pup can be overwhelming, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Pics please!!!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Hi Lulu and Amir - Lulu is a cute name for a spoo. I hope you post photos of your baby.

·
Premium Member
23,230 Posts
One thing I will say about grooming your cute girlie is to start getting her used to having her face, feet and tail (sanitary) grooming done. Even if you like a fluffy face they should still be at ease for that grooming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip. I do prefer a fluffy face to a shaved one. Could you please explain a bit more what you mean by getting her used to grooming the face?

She's comfortable with being touched on the face, tail and feet. I can brush her with a comb or brush if I distract her with a bully stick or food. But have a hard time brushing her without distraction. She likes to bite the brush and play with it a lot. She is not scared of it but just doesn't stay still. I think she gets annoyed more than anything.

Any recommendation?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Welcome Amir, to you and Lulu! Buck was also very annoyed with brushing as a puppy. We had to do a little bit at a time, at first, always ending on a positive note. Treats, of course. You will soon find that poodle fur is a Swifter outside and a cute fuzzy face can get messy fast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone here know why I can't post on the food sub forum. I started a new thread on that sub forum but it seems that it's been waiting for admin approval for 3 days now. Any idea why?

·
Premium Member
23,230 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem. PM the admin after trying again if your new thread doesn't show up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts