Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Feb. 17, I picked up 5-month-old poodle I'm calling "Hobbes," but who will be formally known as Sapphires Come Dance With Me Delaney. I saw him on Facebook and couldn't get him out of my head. His breeder, Wendy Coffey of Sapphire Poodles, does all recommended testing (and then some), shows in conformation and performance events.

I'm looking forward to a new adventure! This photo was taken at the dog club's handling class last Monday.

Yes, he's a solid brindle (that is, no white), registered in both AKC and UKC.

Marguerite
(also with Neely, who likes the new kid)

·
Premium Member
23,178 Posts
Nice looking boy! Congratulations.

Reactions: mvhplank

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby. Gorgeous poodle with a stunning color.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Congratulations! What a handsome boy he is.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are a few shots from handling class last night (3/2/2020). We're headed to UKC conformation this weekend, but since he's not 6 months old yet, he can only enter Novice Puppy, a non-licensed class (thus no wins or points possible--but still valuable experience). As a side note, you may already know that only solid colored poodles may compete in AKC conformation. However, UKC has separate divisions for solid and multicolored poodles; both are in the Gun Dog group.

20200302_200227.jpg 20200302_200336.jpg 20200302_200259.jpg

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<Snip>As a side note, you may already know that only solid colored poodles may compete in AKC conformation. However, UKC has separate divisions for solid and multicolored poodles; both are in the Gun Dog group.
I should have clarified that the Standards compete in Gun Dog group, the minis compete in Companion, and the toys in the Toy group.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts