Poodle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from HK ~

First time poodle owner...and love the advice I get from the forum! We bought this beautiful blue spoo from a reputable local breeder at 4.5 months. Mochi is a bit timid with strangers, but very sound and smart. She's 6 months old now...clearing coat from a brownish black (ick!) to a steely blue. Looks pretty funny with a blue muzzle:) Also, pretty bratty as of late and really testy sometimes, but I guess she keeps us on our toes!

Here she is rockin' a Paul Smith handkerchief...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I went to a website about poodle grooming in Hong Kong. I am competing in April at Intergroom and I plan on doing a"different" style....the ones I saw were from a competition sponsored by Show Season products. I would love it if you could show me links to more and more photos of poodles used in HOng Kong dog magazines or dog shows.....the dogs I am looking for are called the "bear bear" groom by us Americans. The poodles look like teddy bears....but not what we call teddy grooms HERE! Thank you for searching for me . I don't care if I can't read the language....I just need a few more pictures.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to a website about poodle grooming in Hong Kong. I am competing in April at Intergroom and I plan on doing a"different" style....the ones I saw were from a competition sponsored by Show Season products. I would love it if you could show me links to more and more photos of poodles used in HOng Kong dog magazines or dog shows.....the dogs I am looking for are called the "bear bear" groom by us Americans. The poodles look like teddy bears....but not what we call teddy grooms HERE! Thank you for searching for me . I don't care if I can't read the language....I just need a few more pictures.
I bought Mochi from this breeder in HK http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/gaitepoodle/article?mid=882
These pictures are actually Mochi's 2 sisters that are still available for sale...I believe one of them is in the "bear bear" clip you are speaking of!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, your poodle is lovely. May I know which breeder you bought her from? We are also looking for a Toy Poodle and would like to get him/her from a reputable breeder in HK rather than a pet shop. I can be reachable at 98190740.

Thanks,
Eugenie

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, your poodle is lovely. May I know which breeder you bought her from? We are also looking for a Toy Poodle and would like to get him/her from a reputable breeder in HK rather than a pet shop. I can be reachable at 98190740.

Thanks,
Eugenie
Hi Eugenie...I bought my standard poodle from Gaite Poodle. Contact name is Gary. He has a kennel in Yuen Long and also a grooming store in Causeway Bay. ?????????? - poodlelover88 - Yahoo! BLOG.

He breeds mostly toys and miniatures for showing and only 1 standard poodle litter once a year. Good Luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.