Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from HK ~

First time poodle owner...and love the advice I get from the forum! We bought this beautiful blue spoo from a reputable local breeder at 4.5 months. Mochi is a bit timid with strangers, but very sound and smart. She's 6 months old now...clearing coat from a brownish black (ick!) to a steely blue. Looks pretty funny with a blue muzzle:) Also, pretty bratty as of late and really testy sometimes, but I guess she keeps us on our toes!

Here she is rockin' a Paul Smith handkerchief...

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! We are all a bit picture obsessed around here, so when you get time we'd love to see your girl. Hoping you enjoy the topics and that they help you!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I went to a website about poodle grooming in Hong Kong. I am competing in April at Intergroom and I plan on doing a"different" style....the ones I saw were from a competition sponsored by Show Season products. I would love it if you could show me links to more and more photos of poodles used in HOng Kong dog magazines or dog shows.....the dogs I am looking for are called the "bear bear" groom by us Americans. The poodles look like teddy bears....but not what we call teddy grooms HERE! Thank you for searching for me . I don't care if I can't read the language....I just need a few more pictures.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to a website about poodle grooming in Hong Kong. I am competing in April at Intergroom and I plan on doing a"different" style....the ones I saw were from a competition sponsored by Show Season products. I would love it if you could show me links to more and more photos of poodles used in HOng Kong dog magazines or dog shows.....the dogs I am looking for are called the "bear bear" groom by us Americans. The poodles look like teddy bears....but not what we call teddy grooms HERE! Thank you for searching for me . I don't care if I can't read the language....I just need a few more pictures.
I bought Mochi from this breeder in HK http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/gaitepoodle/article?mid=882
These pictures are actually Mochi's 2 sisters that are still available for sale...I believe one of them is in the "bear bear" clip you are speaking of!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thanks for the photo. I am gonna do it. I see what is so different than our grooming here....its the fur on the top of the nose with much less on the chin. Your baby is beautiful. Take lots of pictures while its young.

·
Registered
39 Posts
:hello:Welcome! My family is from HK and I still have family there. I don't think I've noticed many larger dogs over there. It's amazing that you have a spoo. She's adorable!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, your poodle is lovely. May I know which breeder you bought her from? We are also looking for a Toy Poodle and would like to get him/her from a reputable breeder in HK rather than a pet shop. I can be reachable at 98190740.

Thanks,
Eugenie

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi, your poodle is lovely. May I know which breeder you bought her from? We are also looking for a Toy Poodle and would like to get him/her from a reputable breeder in HK rather than a pet shop. I can be reachable at 98190740.

Thanks,
Eugenie
Hi Eugenie...I bought my standard poodle from Gaite Poodle. Contact name is Gary. He has a kennel in Yuen Long and also a grooming store in Causeway Bay. ?????????? - poodlelover88 - Yahoo! BLOG.

He breeds mostly toys and miniatures for showing and only 1 standard poodle litter once a year. Good Luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts