Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

A couple months ago, my husband and I purchased a nine week old Standard Poodle puppy. He is gorgeous! He's a black. We decided to name him Roman. This wasn't planned, but he was only $150 (AKC Standard Poodles around here of show breeding, which he mostly is, are often $1000 or more) and we wanted to be sure he got a good home, even if it was not with us. Well, needless to say we fell in love with him, and he's not going anywhere!

Like my Whippets, he is very calm, clean, and quiet. Unlike them, he's been a bit of a challenge to housebreak, but he's getting the picture now that he's about five months old. He's also a good playmate for our Golden Retrievers.

I have always admired the breed, and I am excited to have one. He's a bit aloof and very sensitive, but having always had sighthounds, I am used to this temperament (as well as the pushy, confident personality of my Golden Retrievers).

Unfortunately, my camera is not very good for photographing black dogs, so I have few photos of him, and no good ones. Here's the best one, taken recently at the beach, as well as some of my other dogs.

19 month old Epic:

11 year old Rigby:

Oops it only allows 4 pics per post, so the rest are below:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epic, 9 month old Golden Francine, and Piper behind:

Roman- five months old!

And, my baby on the way! (Due in March- a surprise!)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi Romans Mum - welcome to the forum. Your dogs look lovely. Don't the poodles look funny when they're wet. We take T to the beach quite often and although he doesn't much like the sea he will go in up to his chest now and when he comes out he looks like a drowned rat.

I see this morning he has started playing in his water bowl - paws and all, creating quite a mess. Little :angel:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
awww they are all beautiful and look at that little guy at the beach - he's so cute! I wish I could take my poodle pak to the beach! welcome!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Welcome! Your dogs are all gorgeous, I especially like the action
shot of them playing in the water with the ball. Your new standard
is very handsome! :D

Congrats new mommy, I am 6 months due Febuary 12th
with a little girl...my first baby. :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
HI, HI! I love your whippets. I had a whippet that I showed and his "other mommy" did lure coursing with. I really miss him. We are waiting on a specific breeding to take place in the next couple of years to get another one. Great dogs. Oh and of course your poodle baby is super awsome cute too :)

-Leia

1 - 13 of 13 Posts