Poodle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
fjm yes a marathon and yes our leaders both have been having some fantasmagorical thoughts on all of this. I was pretty horrified to see a local e-newsletter announce that the town is reopening two golf courses. Yes one can play golf with a good amount of physical distance, but it just feels like a cave to POTUS idea that we will all be just fine and dandy and very happy to be packed into churches two weeks from now.

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
Well, Boris now has it. Dominic Cummings, who may well be the most disliked man in England, was filmed running from 10 Downing Street with a heavy rucksack. He could, of course, have been late for a meeting somewhere...!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Our two adult children seem to be in contact daily now - it was a few times a week before. But since our daughter is an ICU nurse, I won't be able to see her face to face until this is over. So we're doing long phone calls on her days off. She's extremely stressed about possibly losing so many patients. And she's worried about her own survival. Believe me, I am too.
I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way Dianaleez. I'm sure it is really difficult to deal with your daughter being an ICU nurse.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Not too many changes to my life other than an end to my woodworking class at Santa Fe Community College. The college is going online, but that does not work for the fine woodworking department. Lucky for me I brought most of the parts of my project (two dressers) home before spring break. I have a large shop, so I can continue working on them and just ask for help/suggestions from the instructor when I need it.

The only reason for us to leave our place is to go to the grocery store or pharmacy. I keep a pretty extensive stock of food supplies, so I don't think I'll need to make another run for a couple of weeks. I did the dog food shopping yesterday - kibble, canned food, and a stock of Zoe's little tennis balls.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not too many changes to my life other than an end to my woodworking class at Santa Fe Community College. The college is going online, but that does not work for the fine woodworking department. Lucky for me I brought most of the parts of my project (two dressers) home before spring break. I have a large shop, so I can continue working on them and just ask for help/suggestions from the instructor when I need it.

The only reason for us to leave our place is to go to the grocery store or pharmacy. I keep a pretty extensive stock of food supplies, so I don't think I'll need to make another run for a couple of weeks. I did the dog food shopping yesterday - kibble, canned food, and a stock of Zoe's little tennis balls.
Will we get a picture of the finished product with a poodle modeling beside it?

·
Premium Member
9,483 Posts
I consulted my calendar and have been in isolation, except for DH and Buck, since March 2nd when I returned ill from a quick visit with my son’s family. It seems so long ago.

I was elated to read that odd caches of N95 masks have been uncovered in some strange locations - a crypt in the National Cathedral for one! Google 39 million masks. Our healthcare workers deserve to have the best possible protection. They have families who love and depend on them. Dianaleez, virtual hugs from one mom to another.

·
Registered
308 Posts
We were told social distancing is working in our province and our numbers are flattening...yay! The govt is being very tough with its rules and everyone where I live is complying and tattling on each other if they suspect someone is not, lol

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
I discovered a bunch of different musicians are livestreaming house concerts from their living rooms with venmo tip jars.

·
Premium Member
22,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Best wishes and thoughts for those working in healthcare or who have loved ones doing so. Have you all seen the videos of cheering from apartment balconies for first responders and health care providers? I gather it started in Atlanta and has spread to NYC and other places.

Here is a new issue for us since Johanna mentioned stocking up on dog food that has come into play for us. Because of people food hoarding Costcos near me are very low on the large packages of boneless chicken thighs that is the protein base of my home cooking. If they have anything I need there are limits. I was able to get two large packages of ground chuck on Friday and will mix that with chicken as best I can. We have decided to supplement (stretch) home cooked with some limited ingredients kibble too.

·
Super Moderator
2,905 Posts
I just completed the odious chore of emailing my kids on how and where to apply for my life insurance, and to get my short or long term disability benefits activated if I become so sick that I can't work for months.

I wish I hadn't procrastinated last year in finding a notary for my bank's survivor form for my savings account. For some reason, my bank never has a notarizer! I do not relish finding one then turning in the paperwork at the bank. It's occurred to me that I probably should do this, not only for that, but to have a little hard cash in case the economy and society breaks down further in unexpected ways.

·
Premium Member
22,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Vita I am not sure you would want to go there, but I bet hospitals all have notaries. Maybe there is a way to meet someone in a parking lot somewhere.

Thankfully my mom has all her papers in order and My brother and I are co-owners of many of her things like mutual funds etc. I actually really need to do my own paperwork to get it together in case something happens to me to make it easy for BF.

I wonder how busy LegalZoom is these days.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My parents took a similar step. It was a bit of a shock when my mom brought it up with me, as they've always dodged the topic.

They're virtually trapped in their trailer right now, thousands of miles from home. They were getting ready to visit us in Washington (from Ontario, Canada) when all of this blew up, and are painfully aware that it would be impossible to quarantine from one another in their current living space.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just completed the odious chore of emailing my kids on how and where to apply for my life insurance, and to get my short or long term disability benefits activated if I become so sick that I can't work for months.

I wish I hadn't procrastinated last year in finding a notary for my bank's survivor form for my savings account. For some reason, my bank never has a notarizer! I do not relish finding one then turning in the paperwork at the bank. It's occurred to me that I probably should do this, not only for that, but to have a little hard cash in case the economy and society breaks down further in unexpected ways.
Do you ever use the Nextdoor neighborhood site? Ours has had people hooking up with notaries to do this kind of paperwork. You can find someone nearby. And even work out a way of avoiding contact if you're creative. Assuming FB might also work.
Our bank only has the drive-in window open. It's a way to get cash.

We have a password manager (Dashlane) that allows us to sign our children on for emergency use. It tells me if either one accesses the passwords. That way our son can check my email and pay bills if I'm sick. (After all, what if I survived and lost my credit rating? ; )

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I am very self sufficient. I pride myself on that, just gave myself a hair cut. I see on social that some celebrities are doing the same.
I can hand wash my clothes if need be, I actually have a wash board. I live in a condo so there is a community laundry room per building. I cringe at the thought of using them. I asked the board president if they could put up signs people should be wiping down the machines before use.
My neighbors are stupid there are some that completely ignore social distancing. The nurse that lives across from me college aged daughter comes to visit regularly with her boyfriend, really??
Granted the woman works in a drug rehab but still.
I have been home for a solid week, I left once to drop off a check for Walter's meds. 7 days I stayed in, it is not that hard.
I shopped this morning early hours.
Tomorrow I go back to work.

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
Make sure that your essential paperwork are in a place accessible to the people who will need to act on your behalf. Having all your stuff in a bank box can be problematic if your important people don't have access to the box. Likewise, having your important paperwork only at home can be a mess if your home gets sealed for some reason. Someone I know had a relative murdered in a home invasion. The police wouldn't let anyone into the house to retrieve the will. The family knew there was a will but didn't have a copy or know who the lawyer was. The finally took out an ad in the local paper asking the lawyer to step forward. Moral of the story- distribute copies and make sure your important people know what needs to be done ahead of time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am on a legal webinar right now; apparently the legal circles are anticipating a sue-fest after this because lots of businesses will be broke and use litigation to reline the coffers. So the warning to people like me is, be very careful to follow all rules for business during this process. Also force majeure clauses are our best friend.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 100 Posts