Poodle Forum banner

New Rescue Owner :)

2382 13
Hello!
My fiance' recently rescued two shelter poodle mixes!
Brodie is home with us now, and proving to be very smart! He is about one year old. Shelter said he was a poodle/lhaso apso mix. What do you think? He is as cute as a button!

We have another little Maltese/Poodle mix coming on Wednesday! Waiting for him to be neutered, he is also a shelter dog. We're not set on a name yet, thinking "Milo". Suggestions are good:)

Then we have miss Molly. She is a 5 month old purebred harelquin Great Dane!

~~~~~
Brodie, Pic one. Let me know what you think he's mixed with!
Milo/No name with Fiance' ( Will be with us on Wednesday)
Molly

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Boulder. From what rescue did you get your dogs?

I would not guess that Brodie is a Lasa Poodle mix. If he was, I'd expect him to have a shorter muzzle, but then you never know with a mix. Is his tail long or short?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Your dogs are so cute. Thank you for being a rescue home. I like Milo for a name but you will probably get other suggestions here. I just love the pic of your great day in the little bed!! LOL

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Hi there! I got him at Adams County!
I didn't think he was either! He was a stray, so what do they know?
He actually has a STUB for a tail! Thats what really throws me over!
How much of a stub? Really, really short... like only 2-3 inches or more like 4-6 inches?

I think most of the Poodle mixes leave the tails long. With a cut tail I'm thinking pure Poodle or Cockapoo.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
How much of a stub? Really, really short... like only 2-3 inches or more like 4-6 inches?

I think most of the Poodle mixes leave the tails long. With a cut tail I'm thinking pure Poodle or Cockapoo.
Have you seen Olies? It is very short, I'm thinking he's lucky at 4 inches.... Love him all the same but....yeah...ugh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
Names are definitely welcome!

Brodie's tail is about an 1 inch! Defintiely a stub.

I didn't even think of a cockapoo! I looked at some pics, he looks identical to one! hmmm :)

...And yes, Molly thinks she's the size of a chihuahua haha! She loves the kitty beds! lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.