Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to introduce my new dog. I was put on a waiting list for a standard poodle puppy last November. Finally got to pick up my pup this past Friday. He's 9.5 weeks old. His name is Fresco.

I have two other dogs, both adopted as adults, both small/medium mixes. So this is my first big dog, my first full poodle, my first puppy (save my old family dog, but I had little responsibility in raising her), and he is BOLD. He's that one in the litter that always comes and greets you first, puts his paws up on you, very demanding, but very loving and affectionate as well. I know I have my hands full, and I've already begun with training and have set rules for reinforcing his good behavior and discouraging his demanding/pushy side.

Now, I know that poodles are smart, and I counted on a dog I could do a lot with... but I was so surprised to see how incredibly intelligent this little puppy is. He looks right at me and I can see him trying to figure out what I want from him. He pays attention and is so responsive. He's already pretty good at sit and is getting much better about learning to sit and not bark at me if he wants to be pet. Seems like we're going to have a lot of fun with training!

·
Registered
575 Posts
what a handsome young fellow :) I'm jealous! I'd love a Spoo puppy, but no room at the inn right now :'(

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
He is a very beautiful boy! Congrats! I love that learning stage with puppies. Im sure he will blossom into a beautiful well mannered boy!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Fresco is adorable, perfect and beautiful. I too have been waiting a long time, my pup was just born on the first day of summer, and like you we will wait until at least 9 1/2 weeks to get her. Goodluck with your handsome boy!

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
Gorgeous pup - and yes, their intelligence is breathtaking!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Congrats on Fresco! Some things in life are well worth waiting for, a cutiepatootie poodle pup like yours is surely one of them! You're gonna have a blast with him!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful pup! Awww, your first purebred poodle... you will never want another breed! LOL. Wishing you both many happy years together. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts