Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new will be 13 week old puppy this Sunday and we are so excited we are driving to meet the Breeder/Handler in St Louis to pick her up. I have a question its been a while since I potty trained a puppy so I was just wondering at 13 weeks can they wait all night before going out to potty or do I need to get up during the night to let her out? The breeder said she is already using the puppy pads but I want to start her on the outdoor training right away. We are naming her Lola and she is a silver toy poodle.

Kathy

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i think I would take her out right before bed and withhold water during the night this should help avoid accidents . Are you a believer in crate training if so that might help too..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought her a crate I have never done it that way but I plan on trying to this time.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Good luck - Teddy stayed in the crate two nights before he ended up in the bed. And he's been there ever since, with not a single accident.

I'd say it depends on the dog. When mine was just 11 weeks old, he could hold it for hours and hours.

Have fun with your new baby! Every time someone on here gets a new one, it makes me want another one. LOL!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My baby is 14 weeks. We've only had him 8 nights so far but he sleeps in his crate at night for eight hours and has only had one accident. I take away his water after 8pm, which seems to help a lot.

Can't wait to see some pictures!!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
My kid's 12 weeks and we go to bed at about midnight (I'm a night owl) and I have my alarm set to take him out at 4am (but I always wake up 10 mins before) and then we both get up at 8am to go out again and to eat breakfast. He hasn't ever made a potty in his crate, I'll probably stop the 4am breaks at 14 weeks.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Congratulations on you soon to be new family member! :) A silver, one of my FAV colors! Can't wait to see pics. At 13 weeks the pup should very well be able to 'hold it' all night, but it does really depend on each individual pup. Hopefully your pup will be a good girl and sleep all night for you. :) :) Love the name, btw.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Very exciting. Spring seems to have sprung on this board with all the new puppies! Looking forward to seeing the new little one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts