Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I introduced Rocky and myself a few months ago, but have stayed in the background reading and learning from all your experiences. This is a wonderful forum for new poodle owners and I want to complement you on your wise words and careful consideration of others feelings in your responses.
Soon after I got Rocky home to Arizona I found out a brain tumor had recurred and I had to have brain surgery. My wonderful husband took care of me and Rocky, and we got through all of it.
Well, silly me, I still thought I needed/wanted another puppy and at about 3 months post-op, with my daughter helping me drive, picked up Cassidy on my way back to Tennessee. She was 10 weeks when I got her, a brown and white parti, standard poodle with beautiful brown eyes. After a short adjustment period, Rocky being the jealous type, they now play and tumble. Rock is used to his Arizona sister, a 3 year old chocolate lab, so Cassie’s size won’t be an issue, although I hope she stays small as she likes being a lap dog.
Well, sometimes wishes come true and Rocky and Cassie are mine...come

88A84A97-F93E-477A-A749-A379A0C8DC9C.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,824 Posts
Welcome back, and glad to hear you are healthy and thriving! Cassie's fluff reminds me of my Mia when she was a puppy. Congratulations all around!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What a cute pair of Poodles you have there! Welcome back, from me, too. I'm glad your surgery went well and sorry you had to go through that.
Looking fw to many more photos.

·
Premium Member
4,638 Posts
Lovely poodle pair. Sorry to hear about the surgery - but glad you got through it.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
633 Posts
Congratulations on your new friend! Glad you are there for both Rocky and Cassidy! They definitely help with the much needed lovin'!

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Welcome to you and your gor poodle gang. I’m glad your surgery went so well. What a beautiful wish to come true.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Welcome again! There's nothing on four feet like poodle love to get you thru. I called my husband my rock, and my poodles my soft place :).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome and good wishes. My two pups are certainly going to help me get back into the swing of things.
Rocky is such a character with the ego and confidence of a Rock Star. I gave him the bad hair cut because of coat change and matting, poor boy. He has the most beautiful lush coat and it will grow back just as nice! I got Rock when he was 5 1/2 months and his coat was thick, thick, thick!
Cassie, at 13 plus weeks, has baby fluff which looks like it’s growing in curly underneath. I hope it thickens (gets denser) as she matures. I love her soft brown eyes and sweet disposition. She reminds me of Ferdinand the Bull, always sitting in the middle of some sort of vegetation. My Irises will never be the same! I made them a 1/4 acre yard off the patio to keep them well back from the road. Cassie has built a fort in the corner where the riding mower won’t reach. Rocky does zoomies around Cassie, playing puppy bumper car and each day I see her running faster as she learns to bumper car back! They are expert mouth wrestlers, usually on my lap, and seem to be bonding the way I hoped they would.
It’s important to have someone to look after, that needs you for their survival and care. They get you up at 5:30 in the morning and send you to bed at 8 p.m., exhausted, but satisfied that it was another good day.
Yep, I’m grateful.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Such a beautiful photo of you and your poodles! I'm glad you are back and healing.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Glad to see you back on the forum and so happy your surgery went well. What beautiful poodles you have. It feels good to see life going well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts