Poodle Forum banner

New puppy

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tatltail 
#1 ·
Just popping in to introduce myself, before returning to lurking and learning!

First time poodle owner and long time poodle fancier, my SO and I just drove to pick up our black mpoo puppy yesterday. His name is Tatl, named after the fairy in Majora's Mask.

We have a theme here, and have a large rescue dog named Link.

It's so interesting to see the difference in their personalities already. Link was a very self reliant puppy and dog oriented, already create trained, and very quiet, not interested in people but friendly to dogs.

Tatl is very people oriented and wants to be touching us at all times, and talks often, including when he eats. Link just wants to play with him, but he's big and scary to Tatl. We're letting him sleep with us so far... Because otherwise no one in our apartment would get any sleep! XD

Tatl is also very smart, and was one of two puppies in his litter to teach themselves how to use the dog door! I'm sure once he's older Link will end up as his sidekick, rather than the other way around!

I expect things will go smoother once we move into our own house. Once the boys get used to each other, and Link realizes the little friend doesn't like being stepped on.

See less See more
#6 ·
@Michigan Gal - we actually tried that initially last night, but it was pretty bad. I'm trying to take it slow with the crate right now to minimize the noise since we are in an apartment. Currently his food and water are in there and I put him in with the door partially open a couple of times a day.
We'll be creating him during the day, for short periods in the next couple of weeks. Out of necessity. Link knows he can't fit in the bed, he come up there when we aren't home, or when we are just spending time together but he never stays, when I and SO are both there. Instead he sleeps next to the bed on his own memory foam mattress. Now right beside the create. XD

I hadn't posted any pics, he's so hard to photograph. Between his color and the wiggling Lol. But I have one pic of a post bath nap on the sunny couch. I woke him up by moving to get a picture. Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Bolonka

#8 ·
Welcome. He’s so cute.

Reactions: Tatltail
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.