Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new puppy arrived yesterday- yeah! I still am up in the air about a name. I first picked Grace under Fire...but not sure it fits her now. Regardless, she’s here!

I put a deposit down last June and waited for this breeding. I thought I wanted a white, but in the litter was a black female with a white blaze and white chin, very unusual the breeder said, she rarely gets this. However, as I already have a parti color ( Lily), it seemed meant to be that we would have this girl. I’m not going to show in conformation, and actually love her little white blaze!

She’s 3.1 lbs and a little dynamo. Great appetite, spunky, alert to everything in her environment, and so sweet. I am head over heels in love.

My pack did well with her. Max is indifferent, and the two girls keep playing with her through the X-pen bars, and they are fine with her when she is in my lap on the couch. The puppy responds enthusiastically to the girls, she just wants to play with them and it’s very funny to watch. Too soon though, she has to grow a bit more first.

So, I need to find a name now!

Caroline

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
she does sound like a ball of fire, so maybe your first choice of name makes sense. so cute. congratulations. a light 'n' lively pup is about as good as it gets.

Reactions: Carolinek

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Congratulations, she’s adorable and I love the name you chose for her.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
She is darling, just perfect :)! After all these years of you (and us, waiting for you to be ready :) ), Miss Grace Tripped the Light has arrived :)!!!

Okay, I know that's not fair to try and name her, but I love what you first had, and tried to adapt a lil bit ;)!

Welcome, darling girl, whatever your name proves to be. I'm sure you'll let your new mum know soon!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
She is ADORABLE! Grace (Gracie) is a great name!
I'll throw a few names in! How about;
Kennel Name Dancing with Grace
Kennel Name Say Grace With Me
Kennel Name A Graceful 'Amen'
Kennel Name Saving Grace
Kennel Name Graceful Ways
Kennel Name A Graceful Truth
Kennel Name I Believe In Grace
Kennel Name An Impossible Grace

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
so inspired by molly, what about light 'n' lively's touch of grace?

whatever you do, more pics would be nice!

Reactions: Vita and Carolinek

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all!

And thanks Molly, Streetcar, Moni, and Pat K for name suggestions. I’m leaning back to Grace this morning because nothing else really fits. Or if it does, it sounds too much like Maxie, Misty, or Lily! She has to have her sound. I thought of “Amazing Grace” too.

Pat K, you’re very right about LightnLively, I’m so happy with my choice of breeder. I met three generations of this puppy’s line, the oldest being 14 (and in good health, and of course spayed). This pups momma was seven, and this is her last litter. Great temperaments, and beautiful dogs. One dog in my agility club is from her line as well, and he is a gem.

When I visited her last summer, I commented that the whites had no tear stains and her reply was “I won’t breed a dog who has tear stains”. That to me demonstrates real commitment to simply improving the breed, as tear stains are easily covered in a show ring.

She has a nice pedigree with of course Light n Lively, but also other names I recognize like Clarion, Bar King, and Songbird. I am no expert on that, but it looked good to me.

And, she slept last night from 11-6:30, woke up with a few whimpers and a dry crate, and peed and pooed right away outside. Poor thing, housebreaking in Ny in January, but she’s a little trooper. I think “Grace under Fire” probably does fit!

Thanks all- I am over the moon right now!
Caroline

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Congratulations. I wish you a long and happy fun filled life with your cute girl.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
She is so pretty!! :) I love the white on her belly! My late Matilda was all black except for a white stripe on her belly and she was beautiful. Grace is a beautiful name.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts