Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
What a pretty girl. I've seen a lot of puppies outgrow this shyness with careful socialization so I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I would try to take everything at her level of comfort. Encourage her to explore the world and praise her for being adventurous. Teach by example by using confidence, happiness, and laughter to guide her.

If she does not like to be pet, I would not let people pet her. Many dogs do not really like being pet by strangers and it can be quite scary to a shy puppy. People suck at reading dog body language so it is better to set boundaries for them. I would state to them that she is shy and afraid of being pet, but she would enjoy if they could give her a treat and let her sniff their hand. You want her to feel that she is in control of how much interaction she has with strangers. This will help her to feel comfortable enough to come out of her shell. If she still seems very shy about approaching strangers for a treat, have them toss it a short distance to her and then work her up.

Please keep us updated on how she's doing. She is a cute little girl.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.