Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I’m new to the forum, but I have enjoyed browsing other topics and the photos here! My husband and I recently put a deposit on a standard poodle puppy, and we are expecting her to come home on March 21st. The breeder has sent us several video updates, and our puppy appears to be a cream/white parti right now. I’m curious if she is going to stay this color or if she will likely change as she gets older.

I’ve included a video and some pictures of her. She is the one in the yellow collar. Her sire and dam are both black and white partis, and it seems like all her littermates are all either black/white parti or cream/white parti. Do you think her parti pattern will remain cream, will it darken to a possible apricot, or is she likely to fade to a solid? We will love her no matter what she looks like, but I can’t help but wonder if others on this forum have had similar colored pups and what they eventually grew to look like. Thanks so much!

Video (Age 3 weeks):

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
I think the cream is unlikely to darken, and it might get lighter. She will probably also have two-toned skin: pink under the white spots and darker under the cream spots.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Poodles do not darken, only lighten. She will either stay the same color, or fade out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poodles do not darken, only lighten. She will either stay the same color, or fade out.
Thank you everyone for the help and the kind words!
I did not realize that darkening was not an option, and that poodles only fade. This is only the second poodle we've owned, and our first poodle held her dark apricot color surprisingly well. I'm curious with this little one being a parti if she will look more solid after fading, or if she'll maintain an obvious parti pattern.

·
Registered
499 Posts
She will not become solid, but she may fade so much that it will be hard to see her cream markings

·
Registered
499 Posts
start a 52 weeks when she comes home!

Reactions: Shork

·
Registered
13 Posts
She is sooo cute! I am also getting a parti pup this spring, either black or blue and white. I love the sweet little face in the last photo so much. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is sooo cute! I am also getting a parti pup this spring, either black or blue and white. I love the sweet little face in the last photo so much. Enjoy!
Thanks so much, Sarah! That's so exciting that you're getting a new parti baby this Spring too. I can't wait to see pictures. 😍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts