Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!
On 9/12/19 I brought home my mini poodle. After spending a month agonizing over a name before I got her, I finally settled on Lacey. I’m loving her so much. She’s quite the handful, as puppies are! She’s been home for 11 days so far. Just wanted to introduce her.
She’s 9 weeks old and 3 lbs in the pic. She was 8 weeks and 1 day old when I brought her home from the breeder. It’s crazy how quickly my little honey girl is growing!
I plan on doing a 52 week thread eventually as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
She’s absolutely adorable.

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
A doll is just what she reminds me of...a baby doll except for the human part. :angel:She's really, super cute. I 2nd the advice to not leave anything like a harness on except for walks. I bet you're in 7th heaven. I love her color too. And that's a great choice for a name for a feminine little gal. Congratulations.

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is quite the doll. She gets a lot of looks and smiles when I take her out. I am still carrying her in public places since she’s young and not fully vaccinated yet. She LOVES meeting people too. It’s pretty cute. I got a front wear pet backpack she’s enjoying. After using it a couple times and she knows what it’s for and gets really excited when she sees it. Little smart poodles! I’ll attach a pic in the backpack.

Thanks to those who mentioned the harness thing. Due to my yard not having a fence, I was taking her out to the bathroom hourly on her leash, and was leaving the harness on during the day and off at night because it’s so difficult to get on. I was brushing her after taking off the harness at night because I was worried about mats, but I didn’t know she could get friction burns! No more leaving that on all day since I read that.

She pulls a little too much if I leash her collar, which worried me and prompted me to keep her in the harness instead. I’m not using that thin strap harness anymore, I have a more comfortable vest harness that is easier to take on and off and am working on training her how to be a good girl on the leash, and to come back when called.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts