Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again! I was away for a while, and didn’t respond for some of your answers and suggestion...but Zaira is doing great, she responds very good to her diet:)
We got a new black puddle, a little sister, her name is Pola (2 months and 3 weeks old). When we took her from her owner, everything seemed fine, she claimed that Pola is totally healthy. We were a bit concerned when we took off by a train, she was begging for water, couldn’t stop drinking.
When we got home, Pola started drinking water madly, at the begging we thought that maybe she’s stressed or dehydrated, but now after every drink she’s vomiting, she’s doing it almost every 3 minutes...we had to took water away from her...is there a reason why should we be concerned?
( Zaira on the photo below:3)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It could be the stress of going to a new home (hopefully that is all it is!), but it would be wise to make an appointment with your vet right away to get your pup checked out. This also is important to make sure Pola doesn't have anything contagious that Zaira could catch, such as kennel cough, which also can lead to increased thirst. I hope it all checks out with your new pup!

·
Super Moderator
1,268 Posts
Did you just get her this weekend, or has the drinking and vomiting been going on for longer?
She is, what, 11 weeks old? She should be getting some of her puppy vaccinations about now anyhow. Do you have her scheduled for a veterinariaǹ visit any time soon?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We got her today:) she’s getting her vaccinations on Wednesday, we’re gonna ask bout that

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
Please let her have her water - you lose a lot of fluids when vomiting. I would take her to a vet if she is still continuing to vomit.

·
Super Moderator
4,378 Posts
One possibility: One of the puppies from Peggy's litter had a palate deformity that was preventing him from getting enough water. If I remember correctly, he would drink and drink and most of the water just poured out his nose.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hi,
Is she a toy, miniature or standard? If a toy, this is all extra cause for concern and a vet asap! Really, whatever her size, I'd be taking my pup to a vet asap.

It's been some hours since your first posts. I hope things have settled down and she's improving, or that you were able to get her to a vet and she's improving. Let us know when you can, please.

·
Super Moderator
1,268 Posts
If the flag by the OP's name is any indication, she is posting from Poland.
It's been some hours since your first posts. I hope things have settled down and she's improving, or that you were able to get her to a vet and she's improving. Let us know when you can, please.
Based on the flag next to her name, she's in Eastern Europe. Time zone difference.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I agree with everyone to keep an eye on your new baby and consults a vet. But please don’t take away the water because she seems to be losing a lot.
My puppy drank so much water around that age that I got worried it was diabetes or polydipsia. But puppies need that water!!
When she throws up is it just water?? If so she maybe just cant stop and needs to get rid of a little for her tummy. Is it only after she drinks she throws up or is it all the time she’s throwing up?

if it’s food in the throw up every time 100% consult a vet!
Please let us know!! But I’m hoping she’s fine. Young puppies are silly and love to eat and drink whatever they find! Congrats on the new puppy. Hope all is well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey! Thank you all for your answers! Pola is feeling great now, I think it was just stress....the next few hours the vomiting stopped. We also got her a water dispenser so she can’t swallow too much for one time:) we’re taking her to the vet anyway today, I hope she’s all healthy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi,
Is she a toy, miniature or standard? If a toy, this is all extra cause for concern and a vet asap! Really, whatever her size, I'd be taking my pup to a vet asap.

Like the others said, I’m in different time zone so I wasn’t able to answer immediately...she’s a miniature:) but i assure you, everything is fine now:) thanks for help

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Glad to hear she's feeling better. I'm sure that makes you feel better, too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts