Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had adult poodles for years. I adopted them at the age of 10 yrs, both have since passed on. I am getting a puppy this time because it's hard losing them after only a few years. But I know nothing of how to train puppies. So, I am on the site to learn what I can and find community with fellow poodle parents. Jennifer

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yes, I am. My last two dogs were standard poodles. They were so smart and well behaved, as well as regal. My Sophia is on my profile photos. She passed away in February 2020.
I wish I could say the same for mine!! But he is really cute, and we're hopefully doing private classes next month. He's the hardest dog I have ever had and he is first dog that I'm raising by myself. She was so beautiful!! I'm sorry.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to poodle forum!
Your puppy will have you wanting to pull your hair out some days and patience will become your best friend. Sharp needle teeth will find your clothes and skin every day. You will constantly go two steps forward and one step (or two!) back with training. But they are so worth it.
A lot of people here with standards say their dog didn’t settle down until after 2 years old.
You’ll learn a lot from our members, they’re so helpful and kind. Poodles are such amazing, beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to poodle forum!
Your puppy will have you wanting to pull your hair out some days and patience will become your best friend. Sharp needle teeth will find your clothes and skin every day. You will constantly go two steps forward and one step (or two!) back with training. But they are so worth it.
A lot of people here with standards say their dog didn’t settle down until after 2 years old.
You’ll learn a lot from our members, they’re so helpful and kind. Poodles are such amazing, beautiful dogs.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! Have you picked out your puppy, yet? Your Sophia is beautiful, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Best wishes for many happy years with your new pup!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Liz! I made a deposit, but don't know yet which puppy from the litter that I will get. I am excited and a bit nervous. I haven't had a puppy before and it's a big responsibility. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
6,436 Posts
Your Sophia was exquisite. I'm sure she'll be on your mind a lot as you navigate early days with your little one. It's hard not to compare.

But......it's nice to have that ever-present reminder that there's light at the end of the puppy tunnel. Your puppy will benefit from everything you learned from your adult spoos.

And, of course, puppyhood is not all a slog. Puppies are silly and warm and so vulnerable. They bring with them such a unique joy. I'm excited for you. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts