Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have never had a poodle before. But, I have always had dogs. So, I get this new poodle and she is attached to me right away. Now she is throwing fits when I leave her here at the house. Pretty much when I leave her away from me anywhere. Any help on this would be great. I have started making her stay outside without me for small amounts of time and leaving her at the house more often as well. Hoping this will help some, but anything else I can do would be great.

The other problem is barking. She flips out when someone comes in the house. Even other family members that she knows. So, I was thinking about a bark collar but I don't really want to do that....so advise on this as well.

I have had her about two months. So, some this may go away in time but thought I would seek out some help.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
my friend and I have toy poodles that are brothers. We call them our "ticks". Its cuz they are attached to us like ticks. We also refer to them as our "breast lumps" cuz that is where they prefer to be most of the time. We NEVER want to have those breast lumps removed. Yes, its somewhat annoying at times but we MANAGE them....seems they control US, not we controlling them. We are both groomers, she in Alabama and me in PA so we always take our "ticks" to work with us. When I do leave mine at home, he is always sound asleep by the window...waiting for me. This is what my hubby says. Soon as he sees my van he barks up a storm,.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
my Elphie had severe separation anxiety when I started going to school this past spring but after a week or 2 of some simple training ((using a crate)) shes gotten alot better, just a few whimpers when I leave without her

and we're working on the barking as well
what I've been told is to get her attention after the first bark and keep it I use a squeaker toy that she loves and it seems to be working pretty well so far :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts