Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this forum and was hoping for some help with identifying the color of my new toy poodle puppy. She has amber eyes and a chocolate nose and toe pads. She was sold to me as the color apricot sable and I see lots of chocolate colors on her as well as apricot. The vet tech says she looks like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. She has light apricot under her neck, on her cheeks and on the tips of her toes and yet she has really dark brown on her lower legs and lighter brown on other parts of her but the top of her head is a reddish apricot color.

Jodi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wanted to point out that she is more brown than the picture shows. She is shades of brown really. Also, her mother was black whose own mother was a chocolate and the father to this puppy is a apricot sable parti. Not sure if this will help. I have been looking and searching as I am wanting to send in her AKC papers and register her name but I am not sure what color to put her as.
Thanks.
Jodi

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I don't think she is Apricot. I think she is in the Brown spectrum. I'm going to go with something like a Silver Beige Sable. How old is she? If she is a Silver Beige, she could be considerably lighter in color in a year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Nessie was born on 3-31-10 so she is around 13 weeks old, almost!!! I will try and post better pics in a day or so.
Jodi

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this forum and was hoping for some help with identifying the color of my new toy poodle puppy. She has amber eyes and a chocolate nose and toe pads. She was sold to me as the color apricot sable and I see lots of chocolate colors on her as well as apricot. The vet tech says she looks like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. She has light apricot under her neck, on her cheeks and on the tips of her toes and yet she has really dark brown on her lower legs and lighter brown on other parts of her but the top of her head is a reddish apricot color.

Jodi
I'm no help, but she sure is cute!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are pictures that I took of her today. The first ones of her were of when we got her at around 8 weeks old. In a couple of the pics I did shave the hair on her feet so the light color is gone for now. She was just too shaggy. She has an appt. with a real groomer in a few more weeks. I also tried to trim her face the best I could so she could see in front of her face so that is why she looks like she does. She is a very sqirmy puppy!!!
Jodi

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I have no clue what color my GUESS would be Sable, but what a sweetie:) SO SO CUTE! Reese's are my favorite!

Welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have her name filled in on her paperwork but I will just hold onto it for as long as I can and see what happens to her color. She does seem to have gotten a little lighter in the month that we have had her. I just can't seem to be positive that I am seeing gray but there could be a grayish color to some of the browns in her. She is interesting, that is for sure. Can't wait to see what she looks like when she is groomed.
Jodi and little Nessie

·
Registered
2 Posts
She looks just like my toy poodle! Her mother was brown with flecks of off white/light, light beige; Dad was all light beige. There were 5 dogs in the litter I took the only 'brown' one. At 9 weeks she was all brown with white on the bottom of her paws; she now 3 months and looks like she has a bad "dye job" with the lighter color growing in... but she is ohhhhh so cute!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies. Her name is Nessie. My husband said she should be called Nestle (like the chocolate maker) but I decided to name her after Nessie from Loch Ness. Do any of you know the different colors of sables their are? I think she may be either a chocolate sable if their is such a thing or a silver but one with darker markings unless they are known to really fade.
Jodi

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
i have no idea what color she is, but she's adorable. you just want to pick her up and love her to death!!! keep her pics coming as her coat changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts