Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an AKC standard poodle girl today. The original pictures were black, the breeder says maybe blue. But her eyebrows are tan and all down her sides are reddish tan color. Her mom is a black and white party and dad is a red. Her Grandpa on mama dogs side is a phantom. Anyone have an idea what she is?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,992 Posts
You need to look at hair near the skin since that is the newest freshest hair with the best color. When black dogs get wet and air dry and/or dry in the sun the color can oxidize and will look reddish brown. You can see a bit of whaat I mean in this picture of Javelin (who is inky black), but here has a bit of longish hair on his muzzle with has a red tinge to it.

Javvy's new coat.jpg

·
Premium Member
22,992 Posts
Are you on your phone or a computer? I am on a computer and I can see your pics along with mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am now on a computer and I can see your picture but still cant see mine. It says I don't have permission/ locked image?

Your boy is beautiful! I cant say if my new pup has spent much time in the sun or had many baths/getting wet, but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
22,992 Posts
I am not a fabulous tech expert, but if that issue persists I would send a message to poodleadm. your puppy is very pretty.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
lily cd re

When black dogs get wet and air dry and/or dry in the sun the color can oxidize and will look reddish brown.
Was wondering about the faint red patches beside my pups nose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts