Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was reading the thread about confidence and I was wondering...I've always raised Dobermans and they are highly independent dogs. I mean, I was always told that it was best to have them be independent. I like how MiMi is a velcro dog. She is very sweet and just wants lots of attention.

However, how can I get her to like her crate? My other dog Koda loves his crate and chooses it over bed with me! She hates it. She screams her head off the moment I close the door on the crate. :( She's not ever crated when I am home but I do work Friday and Saturday night and I have to leave sometimes to go to school. Will she just learn to be quiet when I leave and no one comes running or will she continue to cry? Sorry. I'm just not sure and I want to do everything perfect.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So could I just start putting her in the crate when I am on the computer and she is sleeping? That is what I'm doing at the moment. I could just move the crate around with me till she gets used to it, or should I leave her in a room by herself?

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.