Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

My family will be bringing home our new family member this Saturday and we are all very excited. He is a 7.5 weeks old brown Standard. My precious 6yo chose his name...Oliver.

We also have a 7yo doberman that we rescued 3 years ago named Ruby. She is a sweetie and I am sure she will absolutely love this little guy...little being temporary. LOL! She just absolutely adores other dogs, big or small.

Although loving a poodle will be new for my family, it will not be new for me. I was blessed with a toy poodle at the age of 2 and she lived until I was 19. I have spoken so fondly of her to my H and children that I have "brainwashed" them about the greatness of poodles...they will soon learn just how true my words have been. We have actually been talking about getting a poodle puppy for a couple of years...and now we are only 4 days away!

I am very excited about learning so much from y'all and sharing wonderful poodle stories.

coastmom

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congratulations on getting Oliver Coastmom and welcome to the forum. :) I've heard that dobeys are every bit the clowns that poodles are... Please post pics as soon as you can!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congratulations! We too are getting a new baby this week- a cream mini which I am naming Paul Simon-to be called Pauly mostly. I recently had to put my 16 yr-old toy, Toby, to sleep. So we will be back up to 3 dogs...2 minis and our GSD, Sasha. Don't know which day yet as he is being hand-delivered-but I have everything ready for him.

We had thought about a Standard, but decided maybe another large dog might be a bit much with Sasha...she takes a lot of my husband's time and energy and it is easier for me to deal with small dogs.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Oliver! How wonderful! I've had a poodle since I was 5. It will be fun to watch your kiddos experience that same joy and responsibility. I hope to see lots of pictures!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Congrats! I am so happy for you, I too have done some brainwashing LOL! My hubby will not "allow" me to have another breed LOL, and he does not care for dogs! Ours fit so well he feels they are family members just as much as I do! Welcome!

·
Registered
419 Posts
:welcome:, coastmom. Only a few more sleeps until you bring Oliver home. Can't wait to see pictures of him and the rest of the family.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

We are on count down at our house. My 6yo dd is soooooo excited. She is as big an animal lover as I am.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ohhh the anticipation! I'm am very happy for you and your family. We brought our new puppy home in May and my 7 yearold boy just loves her... Although the puppy vs child nipping thing gets old.... The older the puppy gets, the more she understands, she can't go around and treat the kids, like puppies....

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hey Coastmom,
How did bringing Oliver home go? :car: Know you've been busy with him! Can't wait to see some photos.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Coastmom. How's that new baby doing? Will we be seeing pics soon?

My sister and I are going to pick up her new baby spoo tomorrow morning. We are sooooooo excited. She is a black standard. We haven't picked a name for her yet but I'm sure she will have one soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts