Once you've got the love of a great poodle, you can become poodle crazy!! We have mini #3 - and he's just awesome fitting in perfectly. He's being shown in conformation, so not neutered yet. He doesn't seem to care about being dominant, just a happy-go-lucky little man of a beautiful deep red. I'm wondering just how long one can go before neutering; I don't want him to know what he's got as he is destined to be in our pet home. Perhaps this doesn't make sense to some, but I really enjoy watching him show, and most importantly, he seems to love it. What tell-tale clues am I looking for to know when it is absolutely time to neuter him? He's 14 months old now. How much time do you think I have?? I have two other males whom I neutered at near 6 months old, so I don't have experience with this question. The only thing I see is that he is overly sniffy with house guests. I question if he has been marking some, so I use a belly band to check. He is 95% housebroken (trained w/i the 4 weeks I've had him; he came from kennel life prior). The other 5% I question marking, or a small accident about once a week. He doesn't seem to pull rank on my other two boys, and is happy being 3rd. He's a sweet boy to everyone, and I feel so lucky he was able to join our pack family. Can you give me any advise??