Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well she had a bath the other day and I trimmed her top knot and ears down. We are getting better about stacking up, I found she REALLY loves steak and will hold her tail up for it!

Her best stacks so far

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/beicerbo/10.jpg

Free baiting :love:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/beicerbo/9.jpg

Looking all happy cause the cat was in her sights!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/beicerbo/11.jpg

Anyway I don't get to show her off often enough :D I hope to have her in the ring in the fall of 09.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The UKC allows dogs to be shown in Puppy, English Saddle, Continental and Sporting. I am not sure what cut I'm going to put her in so right now we are growing a bit of coat. I had her in a Continental for a while but I think it looks odd with her pattern so I will grow it it for a Puppy/long Sporting and see from there.

Thanks y'all! I love my girl :love:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Tuesday is one of the most beautiful Parti's that I have seen!
You are so lucky to own such a lovely girl, she is a real beauty!! :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I knew I would love her when I seen the rest of her. Always loved her headshots in your profile. She is gorgeous and Im sure you will do well with her. Wish I could show in a sporting trim, saves hours of work bahhh.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She Looks Pretty. That Head Reminds Me Of My Boy, Mikey. He Should Start Turning Her Color Soon. His Back Is Really Changing Now But The Front Half Of The Body Is Going Really Slow.

When Did Tuesday Start Her Color Change And How Long Did It Take? Im Assuming She Was A Brown Like Mikey Before ??

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She Looks Pretty. That Head Reminds Me Of My Boy, Mikey. He Should Start Turning Her Color Soon. His Back Is Really Changing Now But The Front Half Of The Body Is Going Really Slow.

When Did Tuesday Start Her Color Change And How Long Did It Take? Im Assuming She Was A Brown Like Mikey Before ??
Yeah, she was born a dark brown and started changing at about 10 months. She is now almost 16 months. I think she will stay this color...or I hope she does. :lol: She has only gotten lighter on her muzzle recently. He head/ears/topknot are still the darkest, I think because the hair is so dence there it looks darker.

I tell ya, Tuesday and Mikey should plan a date to make some puppies! ;)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah, she was born a dark brown and started changing at about 10 months. She is now almost 16 months. I think she will stay this color...or I hope she does. :lol: She has only gotten lighter on her muzzle recently. He head/ears/topknot are still the darkest, I think because the hair is so dence there it looks darker.

I tell ya, Tuesday and Mikey should plan a date to make some puppies! ;)
I just read this message and as you already know Mr Mike has a new home as a pet. Beside's Mike and Tuesday both have shorter muzzles so you should definatly breed to something with a long muzzle. After I did more research I wouldn't breed Cafe to Cafe anyhow. You should breed her to a nice black male.....they would probably produce some flashy partie poodles and you'd most likey get some solids as well.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cafes are a difficult color to breed but from what I have read its best to breed them to a dark Brown to keep the pigments dark.

I hope to have a puppy sometime next year, 8 to 10- months if all goes accordingly. I'm hoping for a Brown Parti but with the dame of the puppy being black out of a black and brown I may end up with a Black Parti but I'm not to picky about color. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts