Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally! I have been without a computer of my own for over 7 months. The kids have Macs, but I just don't know how to use them when I edit my web page (lame... I know).

We bought a new PC a week ago and I finally had time to sit down and post some hiking pictures we took this summer and this weekend.

I think the easiest way to see them is on my web site. Todd asked me to not post my web site address, but people can find it by googling Beauvoir Poodles and going to "Poodle Family album".

If anyone has trouble getting to my web site, I can post the pictures here, but it is a duplication of effort.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, your white spoo wasn't as white after your hike was done! Great pictures!
Yah.... it's even more special when you realize that the "mud" on Izze in the Mt. Margaret photo is actually a combination of stagnant water and cow manure. :beauty:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Yah.... it's even more special when you realize that the "mud" on Izze in the Mt. Margaret photo is actually a combination of stagnant water and cow manure. :beauty:
Eeeeewwwwwww! I'm off to check the pics out.

What pretty dogs! I especially love your brown puppy.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I love the ones up on the rocks. I think it's amazing that you have a 7 month old in a sit stay like that.:)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh wow what beautiful photographs, with beautiful poodles and people. :) They make me want to go back to CO and take Desmond with me!! lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ohh beautiful dogs! Colorado is a beautiful place, I love the open country. It seems like a nice place to raise children and poodles!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the ones up on the rocks. I think it's amazing that you have a 7 month old in a sit stay like that.:)
I work the sit/stay from the very beginning for a number of reasons (safety, show etc) but the biggest reason is so that every girl gets her own turn with the frisbee.

I line the girls up and they are expected to STAY. I call one girl out and she gets 3 throws (believe me... they can count), then it's back into the line and the next one is called out.

Because of this early training, the Sits and Downs are not something we ever have trouble with in competition.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I work the sit/stay from the very beginning for a number of reasons (safety, show etc) but the biggest reason is so that every girl gets her own turn with the frisbee.

I line the girls up and they are expected to STAY. I call one girl out and she gets 3 throws (believe me... they can count), then it's back into the line and the next one is called out.

Because of this early training, the Sits and Downs are not something we ever have trouble with in competition.
So do you compete more in obedience than conformation? I was told no teaching the sit command before they learn the other commands for conformation.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Great pictures Carol!!! I also love the ones on the rocks and the one where the gorgeous brown girl is taking a rest. I think I need to take private lessons in training from you, my guys have some issues they need to work out. ;)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do you compete more in obedience than conformation? I was told no teaching the sit command before they learn the other commands for conformation.
Obedience is my thing. I only have my dogs shown in conformation to have their structure, gait and temperament evaluated. It also gives me access to better stud dogs since some owners will only breed to finished bitches.

Re obedience training....A show dog is still a house pet and it needs good house manners. I think the show folks tend to forget this. My dogs totally know the difference between obedience work and show work because we set up differently and they wear different collars for the different jobs.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ohh beautiful dogs! Colorado is a beautiful place, I love the open country. It seems like a nice place to raise children and poodles!
It is a privilege to live here! We have tremendous public schools, low crime, a highly educated population, bike paths all over town and 120+ miles city owned hiking trails.

It has been a great place to raise kids!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What beautiful pics of your beautiful dogs out on the hikes! I absolutely LOVE the pic of them all crashed out in the tent... WONDERFUL. They sure look like they, and you, are surely enjoying it all!!!! :)

Hmmm, I've seen those dirty legs plenty of times... in fact a lot...lol.... the poodles sure do LOVE to go into any water, even a puddle, then off into the dirt/mud. Really shows up on your white one though, hey? LOL.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The picture's are great your dogs are beautiful I'm glad I found your site you did a great job taking picture's. I would love to live near a bike trail we have to drive 100 miles every time we go to one.

Kathy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts