Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bathed, groomed, and did Taffy's nails. Then we went outside for some nice pics. Here they are:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
uh oh... I think I caught some puppy fever from these photos!!! LOL She is adorable and you took some great shots of her!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful, this is the pup that was picked for you by the breeder you told me about right? Absolutly adorable!
Yes. When we walked in the door, Barbara was sitting at the kitchen table with Taffy in her arms waiting for us. They really didn't want us to look at the rest of the litter. This is the one they knew had the qualities we were looking for and they were right. We should be ashamed to question a show breeder who has been showing since 1939. But you know how it is. You just have to see all those fluffy little babies! LOL

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Yes, when I got there they just had two babies for me to look at and I was dissappointed also but they knew I wanted red. I had such a hard time picking - I sat on the floor with the two of them in the kitchen and they were both friendly - the one like Taffy was more playful than Ginger and I thought she was the most beautiful dog I had ever seen - looked just like Taffy but Ginger was redder and I had it in my head I wanted a red poodle lol and she crawled into my lap so that did it lol -I think I would have been better with the other for temperament but things work out - maybe Ginger would have been returned by someone else - I stuck it out with her and am not sorry - she's my baby! lol

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm so happy for both of you. Sometimes things do work out.

I have been tempted to purchase a dog that was of the color I was dreaming of at least twice now knowing it was not the best of the puppies I had to choose from. I understand that 'feeling' you get when you see what you want and your heart is telling you one thing and your senses are telling you another.

I depend on Dianne to keep me out of trouble in times like that. LOL She is very sensible and very serious when it comes to choosing a new pup and she doesn't let her heart talk her senses out of doing what is best. Love ya, Die.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I knew absoultely NOTHING about picking out a puppy except watch to if frisky - lol nothing about poodles either. Hadnt found this site as yet. When we got out minis the breeder had them ALL in her house - I mean she has 8 that are her dogs and she had three litters of pups running around. they were so very social it was great! Her house didn't smell or anything - every once in a while she woudl say "doors open" and all the dogs would go out together - it was so cute. they were all so friendly. We got to see the momma and poppa and we ended up taking the one she had picked out for my daughter and another. One is built just like the mother - stocky and bigger and the other is like the father - more show quality. But all her dogs were so friendly. I think I like the way she did it better than Leatherstocking but she wasn't breeding show dogs although she did show the father.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I knew absoultely NOTHING about picking out a puppy except watch to if frisky - lol nothing about poodles either. Hadnt found this site as yet. When we got out minis the breeder had them ALL in her house - I mean she has 8 that are her dogs and she had three litters of pups running around. they were so very social it was great! Her house didn't smell or anything - every once in a while she woudl say "doors open" and all the dogs would go out together - it was so cute. they were all so friendly. We got to see the momma and poppa and we ended up taking the one she had picked out for my daughter and another. One is built just like the mother - stocky and bigger and the other is like the father - more show quality. But all her dogs were so friendly. I think I like the way she did it better than Leatherstocking but she wasn't breeding show dogs although she did show the father.
PS can you believe that we lost her phone number and last name? If we ever wanted another mini from her we would be out of luck! lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts