Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were BBQ'ing so I thought I'd take a few 6 month old pics around the yard of Sting. I started to clip him yesterday but the hubby was complaining that I was grooming him again.....so I had to stop.

He is very over grown. He needs his paws shaved and his coat taken down a bit. Yes, I know he looks like a bear right now not a show dog. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jenn, Sting is getting so big, he sure is nice looking. Talk about being over grown, if you haven't seen them yet, take a look at the pics I posted of Rocky and Marlee under "Happy Easter", needless to say they both got clipped and well groomed shortly after these pics were posted. They definately looked much nicer now.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
WOW sting is getting bigger. How much does he weigh now and how about his height?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jenn, Sting is getting so big, he sure is nice looking. Talk about being over grown, if you haven't seen them yet, take a look at the pics I posted of Rocky and Marlee under "Happy Easter", needless to say they both got clipped and well groomed shortly after these pics were posted. They definately looked much nicer now.
Rocky looks like a natural in the bunny ears. Marley looks like she's only doing it because mom said so. lol Rodney is sooo cute with his pretty creme coat.

Eli has turned into quite the character lately. He's mad about the new GSD puppy. He growls at the puppy, then walks to my husband, gets nose to nose, and does a stare off with my husband. Its pretty funny to us but Eli is very serious and does not like that dad brought a puppy home. I think he would of prefered a Standard Poodle puppy just like mom would of. lol He now suddenly is taken the alpha dog position too. Oh dear...what did I get myself into now!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the nice reply's. He's my baby boy and I just love his personality. He just started biting us on the rear when he wants to be goofy. I'll be playing with him and then turn my back and I get a nice bite on the back end. Its makes one jump but is funny when it happens. He's just being playful and silly!

About is height and weight Roxy, Im not quite sure. I'll weigh him later today and will check ebay to see if I can find a wicket cheap (sp??). I dont think the measuring tape is that accurate.

Make sure you take pics this weekend at the show. I cant believe you have a turn out of twenty Poodles. Thats is a good sized turn out. I wish there was competition here like that. Its easier to win if there's not as many but funner when you win against alot too. Your gonna love it.... UKC is soo easy.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Make sure you take pics this weekend at the show. I cant believe you have a turn out of twenty Poodles. Thats is a good sized turn out. I wish there was competition here like that. Its easier to win if there's not as many but funner when you win against alot too. Your gonna love it.... UKC is soo easy.
Well its an AKC show so there is always poodles lol The UKC shows wont start until May.I doubt there will be 12 at the UKC shows.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well its an AKC show so there is always poodles lol The UKC shows wont start until May.I doubt there will be 12 at the UKC shows.
Well that explains it! lol

Ya, AKC usually has a pretty good turn out. I'll have Sting out again on the 25th and 26th at a UKC show here in town. There will only be 3 dogs total I believe. Its still points if he wins and the same for the other pups entered.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Well that explains it! lol

Ya, AKC usually has a pretty good turn out. I'll have Sting out again on the 25th and 26th at a UKC show here in town. There will only be 3 dogs total I believe. Its still points if he wins and the same for the other pups entered.
cool I hope the UKC shows we go to have at least 3-5 poodles.

·
Registered
478 Posts
He is adorable. I like his fuzzy bear look but I'm sure it is getting harder to keep him tangle free. I know Wrigley sure was. Is he a true black? His pictures look like it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is adorable. I like his fuzzy bear look but I'm sure it is getting harder to keep him tangle free. I know Wrigley sure was. Is he a true black? His pictures look like it.
He is a very very black boy and I would say yes. Im still new in the breed but I get compliments about what a pretty true black he is. Its funny because with Eli, I questioned is coat color because his guard hairs and his mother is a blue. However, Eli is still a very black and I see no signs of blue at all. Both boys are very deep in color.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He's so handsome! He reminds me of Billy in his looks. I just gave Billy the puppy cut because my sister kept complaining that he looked like a big black bear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts