Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I posted pics of Jazz's new haircut I figured Saleen should have her new trim posted too. On the bright side her clip isn't as bad as Jazz's because I was out of ideas by the time it was saleen's turn on the table.

She turning more and more silver even though it's harder to see in the pics. The lighting isn't so great in that room, which is being fixed asap so I can see what I'm doing in there.

Not sure what to call her haircut? I started out to do a really short sort of modified modern with scissored legs and crest. I was a bad mommy a few months back and let brushing her coat get away from me. Hence the very short ears, they had to be shaved so I could keep up with her changing coat.

*shrugs* Just in case anyone is interested, this clip is a 4 blade on body skimmed legs with a 1 inch snap on and then hand scissored them. Her crest came out shorter than I wanted but I guess that means it will be easier to brush for a while lol. I guess we'll just call this a Saleen :)

Showing off my super waggy tail

Looking more and more grown up

Demon poodle lol

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, I am sure it is a LOT easier to keep up with the coat change! Grace is just coming out of her coat change and trying to keep her coat knot free and also growing is not an easy task at all!!!!

saleen looks good in her new "doo". Very soft and fluffy. :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What a beautiful silver, I hope to get a silver one day too
It sort of looks like a modified German Trim

·
Registered
861 Posts
She's so beautiful! I've heard rumors of this hideous thing called the coat change. LOL. I'm trying not to think about it. How old is Saleen now?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Her coat is kind of a pain, I really hope it continues to change. It is very soft right now and not super thick a little difficult to scissor. I LOVE petting it though. She is 10 months old now and has been getting a bit of "wire" to her coat along her back. I'd like her to get that nice thick ever so slightly course (read dream to scissor) coat that Jazz has. The poodle who won my heart had a coat like that, and also happened to be silver. As I said I really hope her coat continues to change and doesn't stay the way it is now which is what happened to one of my spoo cleints that I groom. His coat is soft all over as well and of course she wants an elaborate trim which makes things difficult.

It sort of looks like a modified German Trim
LoL, I'm really glad you said that, because a few months ago that it kind of what I set out to do, I just couldn't trim the tail when I got to that part so I decided not to clip it.

This is what it looked like in July when I did it the first time. I have to brag just a teeney tiny bit and say that I a SUPER proud of myself for this clip because as I let it grow it looked the same, never developed a grown out or choppy look, even after numerous bathes and blow outs. It held up really well for nearly three months until I decided to clip her again.
Also these are better pictures of her color as of July, in the sunlight you can really see the color well.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Saleen looks so different. What a gorgeous silver sheen she has. It will be fun to see her in her new coat. She has such an adorable face.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts