Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been enjoying Rogan so much and learning so much about him I haven't been online much!
Thought I'd share some recents pics so you can all see how much he's changed!
MY 22 month old daughter loves feeding Rogan, and as you can see, he just lies there and waits for each piece of food! It's pretty darn cute! The other pictures are of my older daughter who is very attached to him too! We all are!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thank you for sharing all of your adorable kids with us. Rogan has such expressive eyes, he's a real sweetie.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Those are great pictures!! I actually think they are cuter at this stage then as small puppies. It is great that he is fitting in so well with your family! Keep the updates and pictures coming!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the update Heather! He's looking as cute (if not cuter) than ever. :) It must be so sweet to see the dynamic between him and your little one.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! It's hard to really capture his look in pictures! He's such a sweetheart!!
TheStars, he weighs about 12 lbs... was at the vet on Friday last week (the 4th) and he was 11.8lbs, that was at 10 weeks of age.... the vet is saying he'll be about 40-45lbs full grown, which sounds about right to me! :)
He's funny, he already sits by the bathroom door when I shower (according to hubby) and whines to get outside if I run to the car to get something! lol Right now, he's curled up under my computer chair! So sweet! He loves me! :love:

·
Registered
151 Posts
What a beautiful puppy! Is he a red or dark apricot? Our puppy, Smurfy (6 months, 25.5", 52 lbs.) is a dark apricot and they look like they're pretty close in color. Is Rogan your first standard poodle? I love how good he is with the kids - what a sweetie! Our vet won't venture any guesses as to how large Smurfy will get. Our older Spoo, L.E. Belle (19 months) outgrew all expectations at 26" and 50.5 lbs (had them both to the vet this week so I know their weights:)

·
Registered
616 Posts
What a beautiful puppy! Is he a red or dark apricot? Our puppy, Smurfy (6 months, 25.5", 52 lbs.) is a dark apricot and they look like they're pretty close in color. Is Rogan your first standard poodle? I love how good he is with the kids - what a sweetie! Our vet won't venture any guesses as to how large Smurfy will get. Our older Spoo, L.E. Belle (19 months) outgrew all expectations at 26" and 50.5 lbs (had them both to the vet this week so I know their weights:)
6 months and 52 lbs?? Smurfy is a BIG boy!! have you shared pics before?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just found the Forum last night (actually at about 1 a.m. this morning!). I'm still learning the ropes, but as soon as I get it figured out I'll post pics. He's a very solid boy, compared to our girl, who is a more "classic" build, I'm told. We're bathing them and grooming tomorrow afternoon - I'll try to post pics then :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh wow! you have a huge boy there! I can't believe he's that big at 6 months! wow! How big were the parents? Rogan's mom and dad are both around 40lbs and 22inches, so I'm thinking he'll be right around there.
He is my first Standard yes! It's been quite an amazing experience! I've had Yorkies in the past (2 actually) and this is such a welcome change! I still love Yorkies and miss my girls, but I much prefer this temperament! Provided Rogan isn't just faking being calm, I still think he might come out of his shell at some point, but til now, he's been just marvellous! So relaxed and QUIET! He rarely barks! Again, that might just be his age. He's quick to train and responds immediately (for the most part) to corrections. I'm totally in love with him (and I think the feeling is mutual, right now he's curled up under my chair again...he's been doing this lately, every time I sit down at the computer, he follows me right over and goes to sleep under my chair! :love:)
Anyway, he's a Red. He may lighten a touch as he gets older, but to be honest with you, I'm not quite as crazy about color as some of the others on here! lol I got him for temperament mostly and structure, his gorgeous appearance is a bonus to me. Whether he ends up being apricot or faded red, I really don't care, I think he's gorgeous! His dad does not carry the dilute gene, but from what I know, that might not matter at all, since there are other factors involved that cause them to lighten....
:welcome: to the forum Spoofer! It's great to see another puppy owner on here! I can't wait to see pics of your Spoo's!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's the website for Smurfy's breeder:
http://www.panhandlepuppies.com/Standard Poodles.htm

The pictures on that page show's Smurfy' mom & dad (scroll down and you'll see "Bambi" aka "Murphy" - that's our Smurfy!); if you click on any of the pictures it takes you to their page, with info about that particular dog, mom or dad, or puppy. We chose this breeder (and drove 20 hours to pick Smurfy up and bring him home!) because of the extensive testing they do. He is exactly how he tested - playful, inquisitive, calm, and a perfect complement for our more excitable Spoo, L.E. Belle (pronounced "Ellie-Belle"). We weren't looking for a show dog, or breeder, so it didn't bother us that Smurfy was more suitable for a pet. He's perfect for us! As to size, Smurfy was the smallest of all the boys, and it looks like he was tied (almost) with the smaller girls. He sure has grown fast, though! We think he may actually beat his dad's 27 inches, since he's getting close to that now, and we've been told to expect another growing spurt or two.

Smurfy's color is funny - he is much darker than he looks...? His fur bleaches in the sunshine and he has beautiful blonde highlights! Specially on his topknot. When he gets trimmed his whole body is about 3 shades darker than his head! We like the furry face, but it's getting out of control, so we're going to trim him up this afternoon. I'll get some pictures up then:) (If I figure out how!)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awe he's very cute in the breeder pics... can't wait to see yours with a freshly shaved face!!
Good luck with that! :clover:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts