Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can probably tell by my name, I am an artist, and I have been getting up the nerve to tackle a portrait of Cozi. All of that black fluff is quite intimidating!!!

Until then, I have been taking some photos of her. I can't believe she is almost 12 weeks old! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
oh, ho! soooo adorable. I think your lighting is good on her. you haven't blown anything out and the blacks for the most part are maintaining detail in them. Nice window lighting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awww...almost as cute as mine ;) I love the black and white effect, will have to try that if I can get mine to sit still long enough, lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cozy is adorable! My father in law is also an artist and when he first did a picture of Luna he was taken back about her deep black colour lol but he did a very cute one, it was a Christmas card for us, I will see if I can dig it out, scan it and show it to you :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Any up to date photos of Cozi available? She's just too cute! I saw on another thread that she has Kiyara behind her. If all goes well, my pup will have a Kiyara father as well. I hope s/he's just as sweet looking as yours!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Cdnjennga!

You are right- I have not posted photos in a while!

Here are some in the last couple of weeks. I will post more from this week too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Oh my goodness, she's such a sweetie! All these puppies on the forum are killing me, they're just too cute. I love her sweet little face and the feet pic. Great shots. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you!!! I always say she lies like a "Great dane" out on her side, totally asleep like a "big dog" on my kitchen floor while I cook. So I had to take pix of those cute puppy feet.

I actually was just trying out a new camera- its the Canon T1I digital SLR. So far I really like the manual capabilities...and I sure need them with a black dog!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
artsycourtneysue, Amen on your comment about needing a better quality camera for shooting pics of black dogs, they are so hard to see the details of if using a lesser quality camera. Lighter dogs details show up so much nicer. Your pics look great.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
AND Forgot to say your fur baby is just adorable. Really love the black/white/gray shot. All are fantastic pics, but that one just seemed to jump right out at me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FUZBUTZ I'm glad you understand!!! My family dog was a bichon and I've had no trouble photographing her for years with a regular digital "point and shoot" camera, but with a black dog, its a whole new ballgame....

I'm actually learning a lot by using Cozi as a test subject. Thank you for your compliments. It's not easy, but having a camera with more manual settings makes a HUGE difference!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts