Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a poodle mom. I recently had to euthanize my sweet Molly girl because she had terminal cancer. So sad. Molly was a rescue. I would love to rescue another mini poodle, although I am open to purchase as well. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,101 Posts
I've never had any personal interaction with the Western Reserve Poodle Club, but I wonder if they might be a helpful contact.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss of your girl, Molly. :(
As far as rescuing another poodle, I find that they are far and few in between unless they are a senior with special needs. If you find one that suits you, then go for it!

if you buy from a breeder, do a lot of research on what to look for in a breeder. Buying a dog from a reputable breeder, and not a backyard breeder (BYB) is very important. No breeder is perfect but there are red flags to look for.

start here on this thread:

Also check out this breeder list:

It will take a lot of research and patience no matter which way you go! If you find a breeder you like, you could always post here and get opinions on whether it might be worth checking out the breeder more in depth or whether you for sure should run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's very hard to find mini poodles right now although I am in CA so different part of the country. Mine passed a few months ago also. I found so few breeders with minis--and those all had very long waiting lists-- I decided to try for a standard this time. This will only be my second dog so I'm crossing my fingers I don't find the dog too big! I am only 5' tall. I got on the list of around 15 breeders--I had to make a google doc to keep track of who I was contacting!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about your poodle Margo! Yes, I think it will be hard to find a mini, esp. a rescue. Thanks for your thoughts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts