Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -
We got our female Standard Poodle puppy in April and as I've searched out questions about the breed on the web, this site has often popped up. Thanks for all the useful info you have shared!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Well, thanks for asking.

I just LOVE this dog!
My husband wanted a Standard Poodle for non-shedding reasons, family pet, and watchdog for our kids.
What can I say? She's beautiful - smart - I love to walk her. Grooming her has become my favorite hobby. I really enjoy this dog!

My children - not so much yet. She used to jump on them and rip a hole in their clothes, grab their hands and toys, etc. She's getting better, though and they are less afraid of her than they used to be. Any suggestions for her grabbing at people's hands? When people go to pet her, she wants to jump up and grab at their hands. It seems like she is just excited to meet them. I tell her Down and No Bites.
With the kids, I can tell when she wants to grab at their shirt or hair - when I say "No Bites!" She stops. I guess I hope if we're consistent, this behavior will just go away!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'd love to see some pics of your spoo. How old is she? Consistancy is always the way to go with a dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts