Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
nice to see a forum about poodles.
I am a mom to Gunther,who is almost 14 month old cream standard poodle.
He helps me fill the void caused by my 12 years old standard poodle girl Gaby,who passed away from cancer in July.
Here are a couple of pictures of both of them.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
From what I can tell, your poos look lovely, but your pictures are
somewhat too small for me to tell anything specifically about them. :dont-know:

Great to meet cha' though and Welcome! I own a toy silver poodle
named Scooter and a Cairn Terrier puppy I just got yesterday as
an early Christmas gift from the hubby, his name is Mr. Cheezle. :nod:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.
He is a very handsome boy.
He was actually shown before I adopted him.
He has a lot of cream in his coat,but the breeder thinks he will eventually fade out to white.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome spoofan :wave: Gunter looks a real stunner, gosh he is handsome. Love his clip, I'm going to keep referring back to it when I next clip my baby as that is a shorter clip I can come to grips with, he looks fab :smile:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a lamb cut...the legs are kept longer,blended in with a shorter body.
It is a pain in the butt to keep legs from matting,especially between the grooming.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
:bounce:what a handsome boy Gunther is! that woodland picture could be in a magazine - what form he has! Welcome

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
He is sooo pretty. I love the lamb clip on him.

I have a thing for white Standards too. My boy Eli is a black Standard and will be 15 months on the 24th of Dec. He's my first Standard Poodle and I really like the breed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome Spoofan, Gunther is a very handsome boy, reminds me a lot of my boy! I just ordered a raincoat from northcoastmarines.com too and hopefully I will have it by monday =) i'm really excited about that!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh what a handsome boy! I am a sucker for the white myself!

I have a parti female that only has a bit of creme on her ears (and one spot on her back) and it is still fading. She is almost 2 yrs old...and I bet by the time she is about 4 only I will be able to see it! I understand about the fading to white...I bet he will!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Spoofan- what a coincidence.my bella was also born on Oct. 31st.

He came from the Rogue River in Oregon. How about yours. What are his bloodlines. Victoria B.C. isn't that far from us.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a wonderful coincidence.
Gunther came from Texas,so they are not related...well,they all are in a way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome pup you have there. I love the lamb cut. Bear is all one length right at the moment. We wanted to see what he looked like that way. My wife and I both like it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gunther and I thank you for the warm welcome.

He is going to get neutered on Dec 23,
I am seriously considering having a gastropexy done at the same time.
My vet does a laparoscopic surgery,which is much less invasive.
The recovery time is also significantly reduced.
In case anybody is not familiar with it...the right side of stomach gets tacked to the right side of the body.
It prevents the stomach from twisting if the dog gets bloated.
I had a spoo in the past,that survived a bloat and it was the worst thing I have ever been through with a dog.
Of course,in Gunther's case,it would be strictly preventative.
What is your opinion on it....anyone?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
spoofan, I was also considering having gastropexy done on our poodles. Our vet told us that it doesn't always work. Said he knew of another vet that had a poodle of his own that got bloat and almost died, so he did a gastropexy surgery on it to prevent it from happening again, but low and behold 2 yrs. later his poodle bloated, the stomach twissted and his dog died. An autopsy showed that the stiches had come loose and was not tacked to the right side of his body anymore. Our vet said he had heard of others that did not hold as well. But I don't see what it could hurt to have it done, since Gunther will already be asleep having his other surgery done, and I hear that poodles are very prone to bloat, it really scares me. I think if ours ever need to have any kind of surgery done, I too will have this done, because I hear that this bloat thing is terrible, and happens so fast.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts