Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have had poodles in my life for 18 years. Right now I have two silver standards living with me, and I've fostered my oldest girl out to my son and daughter-in-law. I'm very interested in poodle health, and my passion is in the performance arena. I am trialing my 4 year old girl in Utility, as well as working towards her Rally Advanced/Excellent title, and we've dabbled in agility and herding. She's also a certified St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog. I'm also training my year old dog in Novice obedience. He is showing promise in herding, field and therapy work, and he recently finished his CKC conformation championship and requires 5 more points to finish his UKC championship. To say I love my poodles is an understatement!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We'd would love to see pictures of your furkids. What bloodlines do your silver babies go back to? I ask because I have a twelve year old gentleman who was a prolific stud dog, and it seems I run ito people everywhere who have a silver related to him. His name is Bibelot Cherod Tinsmith, just in case...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome Vibrant looking forward to seeing photos of your silvers. I have a black and a blue/could be silver so would also love to know bloodlines.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome tot he forum. We'd would love to see pictures of your furkids. What bloodlines do your silver babies go back to? I ask because I have a twelve year old gentleman who was a prolific stud dog, and it seems I run ito people everywhere who have a silver related to him. His name is Bibelot Cherod Tinsmith, just in case...
Thanks for the warm welcome! All my silvers are related to each other, and to Bibelot Cherod Tinsmith. He is the grandfather of my two younger dogs, and full brother to my older girl.
I am not very computer savvy, so it may take awhile for me to figure out how to post photos!

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have never heard of St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog, what is it?? My dogs are through Delta now but im always lookin :)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Welcome! I too would love to see pictures of your dogs. Its so great how much you actually Do with your dogs! My current dog i trial in tracking. I will do obedience, agility and tracking with my next dog.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have never heard of St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog, what is it?? My dogs are through Delta now but im always lookin :)
SJA is an organization in Canada. Therapy Dogs are tested and certified to go into nursing homes, hospitals etc. to visit and bring joy to the aged and ill. I think it is similar to Delta dogs in the US. I take my girl in to a nursing home for an hour each week...it's a win-win-win situation...the dog loves it, the old folks love it and I love it!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! I too would love to see pictures of your dogs. Its so great how much you actually Do with your dogs! My current dog i trial in tracking. I will do obedience, agility and tracking with my next dog.
Thanks for the welcome.
I find that training with my dogs strengthens our bond. Do you find that with tracking? You have to put such faith into your dog with tracking. It's amazing what your dogs will do for you if you let them! Poodles are such versatile dogs and I think it's wonderful to see them doing what comes naturally to them!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! All my silvers are related to each other, and to Bibelot Cherod Tinsmith. He is the grandfather of my two younger dogs, and full brother to my older girl.
I am not very computer savvy, so it may take awhile for me to figure out how to post photos!
If she is Thinker's full sister, my late Mom would have raised the litter right next door to where I live. What a small world!! If you go onto my member's page, there is an album of Thinker photos there. Looking forward to seeing your kids!!!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum ^_^

and that is really exciting Cherie!! :D

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum ^_^

and that is really exciting Cherie!! :D
Isn't it??? I cannot tell you how awesome my Mom would have found this!! I just joined another forum yesterday, and a woman who owns one of Holly's first babes is on there, and a woman who owns one of Thinker's daughters is on there too. It has been a banner week!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I know I'd be super excited if I could converse with someone that had a sibling of Elphie or a relative of her ((lol that'll teach me for going BYB >.< ))

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am so excited to see you here! My Mother would have just loved this!
Hey, Cherie.
I think of your mother often. She whelped both Seiko and Cheers, as you know. My boy, Troy, is Joy's son. I know your Mom would be very proud of him....he's everything I've been looking for in a poodle.
Seiko sends licks to Thinker!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know I'd be super excited if I could converse with someone that had a sibling of Elphie or a relative of her ((lol that'll teach me for going BYB >.< ))
I agree with you!!! I took Seiko to PCA 3 years ago (when she was 4 years old), and discovered one of her littermates was there too. I hunted the owner down, and we had a wonderful reunion! It was like finding long-lost family!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Well my goodness!!! Amazing! Was Troy out of Joy's litter that was whelped at Mom's too, or did he come from Deb's after Mom passed away? I just saw in you first mention of him that he is a year old, so that answers my question. Which one of your kids is in your avatar? Nice!!

How are you enjoying living with a male? Mom and I both fell in love with having a boy in the house with Thinker and Asia, and once bitten, would never have been without one.

Did Cheers go on to do anything with herding? I hear Seiko has done amazing things in Obedience!

Nice to see you here.

Now, did you get Seiko AND Cheers from Susan, or was Cheers from Cantope? If my memory serves me correctly, Cheers was from Opal's litter so would've been from Cantope? I have forgotten.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I thought you might like to see some recent photos of Thinker. He is thriving here, and is my shadow. He has problems with his teeth. They are in terrible shape, but none of the vets will clean them because the bad teeth has accentuated a mild heart murmur and they are concerned about what anesthetic might do to him, so nobody will touch them. Other than that though, he is as fit as a fiddle. We have known each other since the moment he was born, so he is content living with me and the pack here, but I know if Mom walked through the door, he would act as if I didn't exist... I am okay being #2 in his eyes.

The last photo is of Joy at the Owen Sound dog show last summer. Susan has certainly done wonderful things with her since she got her, and is sure smitten with her!!

Mache went to live with my niece Nicole in Fernie, BC after Mom died, and she thrived there, jogging every day for two and a half years. She passed away a couple of months ago, and Nicole is sending some of her ashes for us to sprinkle on Mom's grave.

Enjoy the photos of the old gent.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts