Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello!
"Hello"

We recently adopted an 18lb miniture poodle named Marley. The poor little guy was in poor shape when we got him but has since come a long way.

Needless to say, there seems to be some eccentricities we are not entirely familiar with. We hope to find some answers here along with meeting people who appreciate the poodle!

Thanks!

Eric and Kristine

*Marley thanks you too but he can't type...yet.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Welcome to Marley too. I hope his name does not reflect his attitude (Marley and Me- just finished it!!). I am sure you will find this forum extremely helpful. If you do not see something you need, create a thread, and we will all try to help you. Enjoy Poodle ownership and being owned BY a Poodle!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clarify, Marley is short for "Bob" Marley because he was so "chill" when we rescued him. Not to mention the matted dreads he had! It's fortunate I haven't seen the movie yet. I hear it's sad :(

Since then, he's been a little ball of energy!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
We also have a Marley, but spelled Marlee. Ours is a black female standard spoo. Welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy it here.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
It's fortunate I haven't seen the movie yet. I hear it's sad :(
Not sad so much as realistic! I enjoyed the book immensely (and it did make me cry!) and then I saw the movie and enjoyed that too...

As it is in real life, there are parts that make you laugh, and parts that make you cry - It's definitely a good story and heartwarming to see that the family hung in there with Marley through his "naughty stage"!

Welcome to the forum SkatMonkey and Marley (oh, BTW, Marley from the book/movie was named after Bob Marley, too!!) :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy :)

By the way... I saw the movie too and LOVED it! I can't believe what these people let that dog do!! Hilarious and very fun, sad too, I cried... but worth the watch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts