Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I'm Lisa, I'm from the great state of New York, and while I am a lifelong dog owner I am a first time poodle owner. My family has owned several different breeds/mixed breeds over the years, started with a collie (mix), then a lab mix, an akita mix, a pomeranian, and a pitbull . And while they were all wonderful, loved family members there was just something about my last boy. Charlie was a poodle mix of some sort that was given to me when he was 2yrs old, and we spent 12 great years together. He was the best dog. . . smart, sweet, kind, and loving. He introduced my 3 nieces and 1 nephew to dogs and he loved them all. So last year when he started to decline (he had CHF) my Mom and I (we live together) talked and decided that the next one would be a purebred poodle. Charlie passed away peacefully on superbowl sunday.

We now have a sweet wonderful little boy named Beau. He was born 10-25-19 so right now he is 7 months old, he is a beautiful little cream colored Mini boy, and I have to say I am totally in LOVE with my little man. I now know that Charlies good personality totally came from the poodle. Beau is sweet, gentle natured, and very in tune with me. I am currently going through therapy for a problem with my legs, and it hurts me to walk. Beau knows this and will actually try to stop me. He is also quite possibly one of the smartest dogs I've ever known, he learns things so fast it is just amazing. He is making me look like a really good trainer :). Though he is also a "teenage" boy so he is testing his boundaries, "talking back", etc. But so far everything has been pretty good, I believe that there will always be a poodle in my life.
This is the only good picture I have of Beau that is on my computer, it was taken by his groomer when he was about 4 1/2 months old.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you and Beau! (Hi Mom!)

It's so hard when a beloved companion leaves us, but they leave so much love behind that eventually sharing that love with a new companion seems only fitting.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more, and look for the Poodle Adolescence Support Group thread in Poodle Talk (pg 2 right now) for some laughs and commiseration :).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Honestly I'm happy to have a place where I can talk about my little man:D. Beau is a good little boy, and we are so lucky to have him. After my Charlie passed away the house just felt empty (even with 2 cats). When we found Beau/ his breeder it was like a sign, his b-day is 1 day before my oldest nieces, he is the same color as Charlie was, and . . . the name the breeder gave him was Chuck. I believe it was fate he was supposed to be our dog.

Baby Beau (3 1/2 months), taken about 1 week after we brought him home:

And this was the best dog I could have ever asked for, my late poodle mix (thought to be either a schnoodle or mini-doodle) Charlie:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts