Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

i have owned three retired standard dams over the past 15 years and am now preparing for a spoo puppy! there were always challenges with my retired girls, but wow - there is SO much for me to learn before the puppy arrives mid- to late march. poodleforum is a unique and highly informative forum, and i'm grateful it exists as i dive into the world of puppyhood. even though i've been a member for many years i've never started or participated in a thread, so i'm considering myself to be a new member. i hope that's ok! :)

jacqueline

·
Registered
152 Posts
Happy to have you participating! I'm sure you will have many nuggets of wisdom to share with us too!

I will be welcoming a spoo puppy this year as well! So exciting!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Hi and welcome. Sounds like you have a wonderful spoo family.

Reactions: jacqueline

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my retired girls have all come out of shiloh garden standards in montana. the puppy will also come from there -- she will be a great granddaughter of my dark brown girl, rachel. and rachel's father was the namesake of the breeder.

i simply can't imagine life without a standard poodle!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome back! Or should I say welcome out of the closet? Hahaha!!! Glad you have decided to participate!!!

Reactions: jacqueline

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Glad to have you Jacqueline. I came to the forum about a year or so before I got my Standard. Its been very helpful. I've had lots of dogs in my lifetime but never a poodle. My boy is now 1. Still a handful but coming along nicely. I am looking forward to hearing about your poodles and can't wait to hear about the new puppy. Puppies are such fun but lots of work too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have any dogs at the moment! Rachel -- my most recent standard -- passed last June and I spent the summer/fall of last year deciding whether I'd adopt another retired breeding dog or purchase a puppy. i've never had a puppy before and I wanted a new kind of training experience. I also wanted a dog that would be with me for more than 7 years + –. I was saying good-bye too often. That was difficult.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Hey Jacqueline - having a spoo puppy is wonderful but challenging. My boy is 4 now, settled down and is a great help to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts