Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lurked this website for awhile and finally joined. I have had poodles in my life for over 50 years. On December 30, 2018 we had to send my amazing and wonderful 13 YO Standard Poodle to heaven -- the most heart wrenching decision I have ever made but, the kindest for my boy. We have his two little brothers, oversize toys ages 15 YO and almost 15 YO. Luke was their protector. He joined our family early January 2006 and in these 13 years I was only away from him four days (when I was in the hospital). The Poodle Boys went with us everywhere.Our home seems so empty without his presence and we cannot imagine life without a Standard Poodle. Thank you for the wonderful information and advice that you all contribute. I hope 2019 brings much happiness to all you Poodle lovers.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF. I am sorry about having to send your spoo on over the bridge, but recognizing that it is most generous to an ailing animal to let them leave is a sign of a good and kind heart.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
So sorry you had to lose your standard - condolences. Would love to see pictures of your boy as well as those of your toys. Welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

I so appreciate your warm welcome and condolences. My husband and I are having a tough time right now. As soon as I can bring myself to look at his photos I will insert one with his little brothers. May also need guidance on how to do that.

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. Most of us know how painful that decision is to make. He will always be in your heart. We have a Memorial sub forum, if you want share some memories of him. Welcome to you and the brothers!

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Gentle hugs.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I too am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose one of our family pets. We have sadness in letting go so our beloved pet can have freedom from illness & pain. Your boy will always be a part in your heart and one day the memories will give you comfort.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So sorry for your loss - we would love to see pictures as soon as you feel up to it. It will get easier and the good memories will last and stay with you. Your baby had a good life and you did right by him till his last day. It is so important to not be selfish at the end and put our dogs comfort before our own.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I have a Standard who just celebrated his 13th birthday on December 26th. It is difficult to watch him slow down and become tired so much easier than before. How can they become such an important part of our lives? I guess we are lucky to have shared our lives with such good dogs! Where are you in Southern California? I am in the most northern tip of San Diego County. In addition to the 13 year old, I have a very frisky four year old... and a rambunctious, short legged, Jack Russell. The little Jack will bark up a storm, and then look over his shoulder to see if the big poodles are backing him up. They are always right there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Charmed, I know exactly where Fallbrook is. I am in the Los Angeles area, Manhattan Beach, near LAX. How wonderful that your boy just had his 13th. My Luke's was November 18. He battled cancer for just over two years so, a miracle that he got to celebrate his b-day. He opened gifts on Christmas and then started to have more bad days until we knew we had to let him go. We so miss his presence. Will post photos soon.
Where did you find your boys?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts