Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet mini-poodle is 5 years old. He has little cysts that his groomer says are sebaceous. Recently his hair has fallen out around the area and started coming in straight and red(he is cream). Any info?

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Welcome to PF. I am sorry that worries are what brought you here. Our GSD had a sort of persistent sebaceous cyst when he was younger. It sometimes was very full looking and he also lost some hair around it. We used synotic on it when it was looking bothersome and that generally did shrink it but it always came back until finally at one point it ruptured and drained itself never to be a concern again.

Not everybody looks at intro posts, so you may bet more insights if you ask about this in the Poodle Health area of the forum.

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Welcome! When we’ve discovered lumps and bumps on any of our dogs, DH has always panicked and we end up taking the dog to the vet. Some have been removed, others aspirated and tested, and others we were advised to watch for changes and sudden growth. Hope someone has some ideas about the hair color change.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hi.

I can answer the color change. My silver minipoo had a bee sting this summer. Where the sting was her hair fell out from the inflammation. By the next month it started to grow back in Black, deep coal black. It has slowly lightened up over the next few months and now that area is back to the very light silver. When I clipped her feet two weeks ago I couldn’t see the spot anymore. This can also happen after injection, wounds or other insults to the skin.

I would take him to the vet and get it checked out.

Reactions: Mfmst
1 - 4 of 4 Posts