Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,892 Posts
Hello I am new here. I just got my first dog that is truly mine. She is a 7 yr old Toy Poodle. Black Booty is her name. She is such a cuddle bug. Since I'm new to all of this any help is appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Welcome to you and your little girl. I see you posted also about grooming. You will find tons of great grooming tips here.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Welcome to you and Black Booty :). I also got my Tpoo as an adult. Do give yourselves plenty of time to discover one another and figure out how your new lives will work together. I should have done better at that, but we somehow finally became a team. My boy deserved earlier and better work from me that went beyond the grooming and objective care, but I came around :).

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! What a cute name for your little one! Of course we need to see pictures! I bet it won't take her long to show you how smart she is......she will bend you to her will, so watch out! hahaha!!!! Hope you have a beautiful life together!

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Hi nd welcome. I love her name, Black Booty, she’s adorable.

How did you two end up together?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Uncle took over his dads breeding program after he passed away and I told my Uncle " One day I will have one of your poodles... One day!" I was never able to have a pet of my own eventhough my brother has had 2 dogs.... and he retires all of his breeding dogs at age 6 or 7 and then finds really really good homes for them and gives they away to deserving families. Well he was retiring her and it just so happened to be my birthday so here we are!

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Welcome, welcome to PF! Cutie patootie, Black Booty. Guaranteed to bring laughter and joy to your life. Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I have gotten quite a few retired dogs or not show or breeding material. It is amazing how quickly they dome around to adore you. 2 of mine we 15 month when I got them and now 5 and 14. The last one was 5 now almost 7. I personally keep their original name, and with all of them I call their name and for about 1 months, add mommys baby. I take them with me as much as possible, mainly in the cool weather, except for going out to eat in an outside restaurant. About 5 trips alone with me in the car and they are hooked on going by by. I have also had puppies and can see no difference in the an adult, or teenagers attachment after a month to 6 weeks. Miine love company and will go to them, but if I leave the room they are looking for me, and if friends try to lead them outside without me, no they do not want to go. I laugh because as a child my grandparents raised me and I did not want to go unless grandmother went

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
New member introduction

Hello everyone,
My name is Rose Green and my puppy's name is Beau Green.
Beau is only 7 months old and she is a white STD Poodle.
I am a new member and need some help to navigate this site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts