Poodle Forum banner

New Member Introduction/Scent Work Resources

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RedonRed 
#1 ·
Hello! I have been reading this forum for a bit now, but figured it was time to officially join. I have an 11-month-old spoo named Reggie (my first dog). We’re currently working toward CGC certification, but after that I am considering starting some scent work with him. Are there any good resources on how to get started in that? Thanks!
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to you and your gorgeous spoo Reggie. He looks very regal.

I do nose work. My dog and I compete in AKC and Cwags. I would love to compete in National Association of Canine Scent Work (NACSW) and I have friends that do, but none of their competitions are near me at this point in time would mean traveling out of state. CPE has also added nose work but they haven’t had a competition here yet.

I would look for classes near you, preferably at a dog training club where members compete in dog sports if your goal is to compete. There are some differences between the different organizations but the basics to get started in training are the same.

Reactions: Asta's Mom
#6 ·
Thank you! I’ve only come across AKC trials so far, so I’ll have to look into other organizations. At the moment I’m planing to do it just for fun and as a way to continue his training, but finding a local club sounds like a great resource either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.