Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
My name is Brenda. I live in central Illinois and have been wanting a poodle for ages. My dogs all randomly come so still no poodle 馃槬. But I am still looking. I don't care what size he is but I know he must be a boy. He doesn't have to be spectacular (he will be to me) nor does he need to have papers because I have no intentions of breeding. He will be a emotional support companion and a friend to cry on. All my others (beagle, basset, and chihuahua) cling to my husband. Which is ok I get them during the day but when he comes in oh boy....
Anyway I would drive around 3 hours to get a my poodle.
Anyway I will enjoy photos until I get my baby then I will flood you all with my photos.

Premium Member
Welcome - so glad you are interested in our breed. Asta is my boon companion. It is his job to watch over me. Can't help with breeders in your area. Hopefully other members will chime in.

Registered
Hi and Welcome!

I don't have any way of knowing how familiar you are with poodles, and why breed registration and health testing of the parents are very important to having a healthy, well bred poodle, so I'll add a link to a sticky here about buying a puppy safely, for you and the puppy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and Welcome!

I don't have any way of knowing how familiar you are with poodles, and why breed registration and health testing of the parents are very important to having a healthy, well bred poodle, [so I'll add a link to a sticky here about buying a puppy safely, for you and the puppy.thank you

Registered
You're welcome. There's a lot of information thru the site which we hope you'll find helpful. If you come up with any questions, we love questions! We'll be here waiting :).

If you use the Advanced Search feature to look for a breeder, type in "Illinois" as your keyword then select to search by date. That'll give you more current results.
I found one recent strong recommendation for Terrifick Standard Poodles. There's no link so you'll have to search online for them. Terri, I think, is the first name of the breeder.
I'll see if I can pull a couple more ideas for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts