Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum/site and am making my introduction, as well as asking for advice.

I live in Quebec and am looking for a reputable breeder of red/apricot miniature poodles. I have looked at a few sites but am skeptical as, unfortunately, Quebec is the puppy mill capital of Canada. One site I looked at provided video footage of the dogs but they all looked as if they were not used to being pet/handled by people (even though they are apparently home-raised) which is a red flag in my book. :(

We are looking for a red/apricot female mini puppy. I would *love* to get a toy, but we have three boys aged 5, 7, and 9 and I'm afraid a toy would be too tiny for my boys (perhaps we will add to our pack when they are a little older). They play beautifully with the mini poodle next door and that seems to be a great size for our family. I want a female because my whole house is male and I need some reinforcements here! Lol!

I know that there are breeders that ship their dogs from other locations - but I wouldn't be able to visit to see how the dogs are living, which is very important to me. I have volunteered at our local shelter and have witnessed first hand the ugly puppy-mill truth. I know that some reputable breeders will not ship, which also leaves me in a conundrum if they are really far (we would be willing to travel about 2 hours away - Ottawa, for instance).

Which brings me here. Any reputable Quebec breeders? I would be willing to consider a long-distance breeder (I'm thinking Ontario) if I could get a few references.

What about Denali?

Any advice welcome!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! I see Arreau has chimed in......she knows who's who up there!!!! She'll point you in the right direction for sure!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts