Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful black Standard Poodle and have just started grooming her myself. She's been with a wonderful groomer for the past 9+ years so she doesn't look nearly as good as she did before. But she is very patient with me because of her training with the groomer and stays very still while I try to do the best I can. Everyone says how great she looks still (they don't see all the errors I've made)! She's just naturally gorgeous.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Oh, yes....lots of pictures! We have to see! I'm sure you will do fine. My sister and I learned to do the puppy cut and now the continental because no groomer in our area will do show cuts. It's is certainly trial and error but we know the dogs don't mind. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the group!! I think it's awesome that your grooming your dog. It's a great bonding experience and just one more thing you get to do with your dog.

Don't worry about how she looks now, you'll get better and better every time you work with her.

Mary

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Keep up the good work.. I am sure you will just get better and better at the grooming, it just takes repetition and practice and it sounds like you have the perfect poodle companion to do that with!

Don't forget to share pics of your lovely girl. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts