Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I’d like you to meet Ember, a red-based Phantom Standard. She’s 20 weeks old today and weighs 39 lbs. She’s started losing her baby teeth this week. My wife and I have both had poodles in our families since we were kids and constantly throughout our adult lives as well. We got our first toy together before we were married and lost our last toy, Mocha, this past fall. 39 years married to each other and poodles the whole way. We discovered this Christmas that we cold not survive more than a month without a dog in our home, despite also having 2 cats, a bird, and a bunch of fish. Our toy poodles always had a big family friend - Shepherd, Rottweiler, Shep/Collie cross. Now we have decided that a Standard covers both bases - big and poodle. Ember is incredibly high energy and a bit of a brat (she thinks the cats are chew toys, much to their consternation), but we love her to death. She’s finished her kindergarten classes and moves on to the next training stage in April.

·
Registered
11,949 Posts
Welcome! What a beautiful puppy Ember is.

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Welcome, welcome! What a beautiful puppy! You have so much poodle experience and you will be glad of it with a standard. Consider a 52 week thread. I certainly will enjoy hearing and watching Ember grow.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Ember is gorgeous, welcome to both of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome, welcome! What a beautiful puppy! You have so much poodle experience and you will be glad of it with a standard. Consider a 52 week thread. I certainly will enjoy hearing and watching Ember grow.
I swear she grows an inch a day.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
She's gorgeous! It feels like just yesterday Peggy was teething. Those memories are still verrrrrry fresh. Hang in there. :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Welcome to you and Ember - her color is fascinating. Hope you will continue to update us with pictures as she grows. Standards are the best

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi and Welcome- she is a big girl for 20 weeks! I love her name, I love her face, it will be fun to watch her grow up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just weighed her this morning, at 22 1/2 weeks and 43 lbs. No end of growth in sight yet - she’s got a ways to go to grow into her feet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts