Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have been grooming my two poodles standard and toy for 4 months now. The standard in the continental cut.

There are things I would like to learn like more in depth plucking, Shaving face and feet properly, shaving the rosettes properly. as well as tips for the toy because hes so small and anything else I'm doing wrong.
I would also like to learn how to properly wrap a show coat so its protected from the elements/dog park dust/drool.

I have asked my local groomers if they teach and all have said no. I am willing to pay to be taught I just havent found anyone in driving distance. If anyone knows anyone who would teach in the Montclair NJ or within an hour of there I would be more than grateful to be connected!

Thanks.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello.

I have been grooming my two poodles standard and toy for 4 months now. The standard in the continental cut.

There are things I would like to learn like more in depth plucking, Shaving face and feet properly, shaving the rosettes properly. as well as tips for the toy because hes so small and anything else I'm doing wrong.
I would also like to learn how to properly wrap a show coat so its protected from the elements/dog park dust/drool.

I have asked my local groomers if they teach and all have said no. I am willing to pay to be taught I just havent found anyone in driving distance. If anyone knows anyone who would teach in the Montclair NJ or within an hour of there I would be more than grateful to be connected!

Thanks.
Is your breeder local? I would start there. If they are not, they might have connections in your area they can refer you to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts