Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Layla
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I got a new spoo she is now 10 weeks old and we named her Layla. Our breeder said she was a tri colour phantom. I was hoping that someone here would be able to tell me what colour she is as when I do a search for those markings I don’t find much information on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
She is a cutie! Tricolor phantom is a correct term but she is also a brown phantom parti. She is brown, she is phantom, and she is parti. The brown may or may not stay brown depending on whether she carries the lightening gene. Browns can turn to Cafe au lait as they age if that is the case.

·
Super Moderator
2,056 Posts
Oh, she's adorable.
Regarding the color, she's got two things going on: phantom and parti.

If she were only phantom, she'd look rather like a brown curly haired Doberman. Her body would be dark, but she would have red, apricot, or cream points. You would see gingery hair at the eyebrows, cheeks, lower legs, and under the tail. She would also have a butterfly mark across her chest.

However, since she is also parti, she has big white spots overlaying her phantom markings. I can see the apricot eyebrows, but everything else has been hidden by the white.

Look at pictures of Bernese Mountain dogs to get an idea of what her points would look like if she had less white.

·
Registered
Layla
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your input it is very interesting I will be doing some more research now 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts