Poodle Forum banner

New Here :)

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Mollitoni 
#1 ·
Hi
We are hoping to get our miniature poodle puppy this week. We have really bad allergies and are hoping that this little guy will be ok for us. As soon as we get him home I'll post some pix :)

I have a question about which food to put him on (which I'll ask on the poodle talk board).

thanks!

#4 ·
I would say if your going with a good breeder then go with what they are feeding, probably we dry mix but maybe not. After the pup is home and settle a bit talk it over with your vet. I would be careful about a whole bunch of changes at once. New home, new water supply and new food might lead to an upset tummy.

can never have to many puppy pics

#8 ·
If you change the pups food when you get him home just do it gradually over a week and you shouldn't have any problem's. Oh, and be careful of what your vet recommends in dog foods. I can't tell you how often I hear vets recommending science diet and Iams for and they are not good quality foods.

For whatever reason many vets are not very knowledgeable about dog food.

#15 ·
Hi, I am new.

We have an 11 week old standard poodle named Kevin. He is our second standard. Our first lived 13 years and passed away about 8 years ago. Kevin is doing great with potty training and learning a few commands. He does have one challenge. He apparently got mites from his mother and is on medication for sarcoptic mange. He should be just fine soon. He is the love of our lives and we can hardly wait to see him all grown up. We have a miniature poodle too and he is on the same medication as a preventative. We travelled a long distance to buy him and was pretty upset with diagnosis but from what I am reading this too shall pass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.