Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum and thought to introduce myself. I’ve always had rotties but decided now that I’m older that it was time to get a small dog... I’ll be picking up a tiny toy this coming weekend. She is a Phantom which attracted me because the markings are similar to rotties. I’m a little nervous because I didn’t realize that when the breeder advertised the pups as “tiny toys” they were referencing a smaller toy variety however I saw the mom and she was a reasonable size. The breeder said the site is smaller so I’m hoping the daughter takes after her mama. I’m looking forward to getting everyone’s input on how to raise a small dog. I’m pretty sure it will be far different from Rottweilers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lol it will be very different from a Rottweiler my first dog was a Rottweiler she was super smart there were times I felt like a idiot and couldn’t help but just stare at her like an evil genius lol but a tiny toy isn’t as destructive and my number 1 problem with my rottie was she was insanely good at opening doors didn’t matter the type or the handle she would open and close it no problem I had no privacy because of that little trick no risk of that with a tiny toy ? I’m getting my tiny maybe January or February the mom is due Nov we’re expecting an all white litter but I’m holding out hope for a cream or a cream parti ?

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Welcome Izzy1. Plenty of good folks on the forum who have great knowledge of the toys. I love seeing pictures of the little ones.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi welcome!!! I hope you enjoy your new toy pup!! She will be wonderful I am sure, eoseically a phantom!

I had to opposite type of experience... I have always been with English Bulldogs (still have 2) and I was wanting more action! All of our EBdogs have been amazing dogs, but not enough stamina for my lifestyle! I wanted more energy, which would force me to get up and get out of the house! So I went with a big energetic Spoo who is incredible!!

I wish you luck with your beautiful toy! Plenty of members here have toys and there are past discussions you can find all about toys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts