Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm from the Netherlands. My boyfriend and I have a 6 month old mini poodle. His name is Alfred and we got him when he was 9 weeks old. He's both adorable and a bit annoying sometimes.
He is very energetic and demands a lot of attention!
We're both first time puppy owners, first time poodle owners, but unlike me, my boyfriend grew up with a dog in the house.
I am a member of some Facebook puppy groups, but I thought it would be helpful to get some advice from poodle experts about some things
P.S. he needs to go back to the groomer soon

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23,210 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to PF. You will find lots of good help here and hopefully lots of fun stuff too. Alfred is cute, but I gotta say I think he needed the groomer a month ago. Even if you like a fluffy face it is really important to get puppies used to being groomed while they are young. Here is a link to a thread on puppy grooming behavior.

https://www.poodleforum.com/9-poodle-grooming/266567-teaching-grooming-behavior-puppies.html
Thanks! He's actually been going to the groomer every month since he was 3 months old.
His breeder is a groomer as well and he had his first face-and-paw shave with them the week we got him. I was very thankful for the socializing and desensitizing she did with him. He's very used to being handled and loves going to our groomer! He had his first full body trim 3 weeks ago, but we didn't want it to be too short. His hair just grows really fast

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Welcome to you and Alfred - tons of good information here on the forum. Feel free to ask questions.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your very cute dog Alfred.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! He's actually been going to the groomer every month since he was 3 months old.
His breeder is a groomer as well and he had his first face-and-paw shave with them the week we got him. I was very thankful for the socializing and desensitizing she did with him. He's very used to being handled and loves going to our groomer! He had his first full body trim 3 weeks ago, but we didn't want it to be too short. His hair just grows really fast

Welcome! Incidentally, this is my first post as I have joined the forum very recently as well and I too live in the NLs. Which breeder did you get him from, if you don’t mind me asking? I struggled a lot finding a dwergpoedel breeder here, hence my question. He looks lovely btw 💙

1 - 7 of 7 Posts